“Good Lunch Spot” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 7 Restaurants in Dillsboro
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Families with children, Doing business, Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
San Diego
“Good Lunch Spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

We stopped here when we got lost after leaving the Blue Ridge Parkway. Just sort of found it. We had lunch and the service and food were excellent.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Good variety”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

This is a good not great restaurant. It has a good variety of food to choose from at average prices so most should be able to find something they want. Food is good and service was above average.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
NC
“What a pleasant surprise and they even have the flaming Greek cheese!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

We stopped in Dillsboro to go to the Jarrett House but they were closed so we went across the street to Kostas. The food was great and I was delighted to discover that they had flaming Greek cheese! My Greek salad was tasty. Service was great and the place was full of locals! We may have to drive back over so I can have the cheese again soon.............

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Tucker, Georgia, United States
“Good food, great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

A friend of ours who lives in the area recommended Kostas for dinner on Friday night. The service was great! The menu has a lot of options. I chose the broiled tilapia with green beans and rice pilaf. I started with the soup of the day (clam chowder), which I really liked. The tilapia was cooked perfectly. My husband had the Chicken a la Greco (the chicken was a little dry from being overcooked). He also chose the green beans and started with the Greek Salad, which he said was very good. Our friend had the Veal Parmigiana special, which he liked.

My husband and I were at a loss of where to do dinner the next night, so we went back to Kostas. The service was just as good the second night. This time, I chose the Grilled Turkey & Bacon sandwich on grilled sourdough and my husband chose the Italian Sausage Parmigiana sandwich. My sandwich was good, I liked the southwest sauce it came on the side) but the bread wasn't grilled enough, it was still soft, I was disappointed that the bread didn't have that nice grilled crispiness. My husband's sandwich was good, he ended up eating it with a knife and fork but it was delicious. The roll that the Italian sandwich came on was really good, I could have eaten it by itself. :)

Whatever it is that they do to train servers and run the restaurant is something that a lot of restaurant owners could learn. It was a pleasure to eat here and see how well service ran and how the servers and staff all worked together.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sarasota, Florida
“Not very authentic, poor quality”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

The menu here is huge, and on the menu there is a hot pressed Cuban sandwich, a BLT on Texas toast, and a meat loaf dinner, I ordered the Greek salad and it wasn't that great. A Greek salad is pretty simple, roman lettuce, tomatoes , potatoes salad in a scoop on the bottom, a couple mild pickled banana peppers, purple onion, kamala olives and lots of creamy FETA. This salad was not that, I'm not sure what kind of cheese was on there but if it was feta it was SUPER low quality(also it was shredded like mots?) there were 3 olives on my salad and the tomatoes were crunchy, pink in the middle, unripe and very low quality. In defense of this establishment, I love Greek food I visit the sponge docks in tarpon springs FL regularly that place is a Greek colony and very authentic. I know you cannot judge the entirety of an establishment by one dish but the greek salad is kinda important for a greek restaurant, Sorry Kostas I'm not impressed

Visited June 2013