“Great experience” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 2 Attractions in Cullowhee
Type: Horseback Riding Stables, Sports
More attraction details
Owner description: Arrowmont has one of the best trail ride programs in the SE, maybe even the country. You ride breathtakingly beautiful trails with majestic mountain top views, a picturesque valley with creeks & streams, and cool fern forests.
St. Petersburg, Florida
4 attraction reviews
“Great experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

Had a wonderful horseback riding experience at the Arrowmont Stables. The owners, David and Nancy, were very helpful, highly experienced and with a good sense of humor. Horses were friendly and well mannered. Purchased 1 hour and a half guided tour in the forest and around the pond. Nancy took us on more than 2 hour picturesque ride that was in some areas steep but nobody had any problem, even beginners were quite comfortable on the horses. Had a great experience and would suggest to others.

Visited August 2012

Minneapolis
“First Time Riding for our Family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

We have been coming to the Cashiers area for over 15 years, but our kids are now 9 and 7 and this was our first time at Arrowmont. We did the Flame Azelea trail and it was incredible. For our kids it was their first time riding and the horses and guide, Josh, couldn't have been better. I am a big guy at 250 lbs and had a wonderful draft horse named Betty that fit me perfectly. Our 7 yr old rode by himself without a lead for the entire ride and did great! The horses were gentle and made all of us really comfortable. We had Crescent, Sailor, Betty, and I forgot the name of my wife's horse. I wish we had started doing this sooner. Count on tipping your guide like you would a server at a restaurant (15-20%).

The scenery was unmatched and we really connected with our guide. The price for a family seems a little expensive at first blush, but I assure it will be an experience you will remember and talk about for a long time. This is really easy to get to from the center of Cashiers and they were very accommodating on riding time. We were fortunate to get a slot in the afternoon when we called in the morning, but I would recommend making a reservation at least 48 hrs in advance or more.

Visited July 2012
Dallas, Texas
“Great Family Riding Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

My family and I have been going to Arrowmount for over 10 years and we love it. The horses are great, the guides are wonderful and talented, and the trails are beautiful. This is a great place for any level of experience with riding and a wonderful experience for families.

Visited August 2012
4 attraction reviews
“Not the horse whisperer.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

They were promoting that their horses were well trained and that one of the employees was touted as a horse whisperer. There were novices saddling and bridling the horses improperly. The saddle and bridle came off of the horse with me on the horse, before I left the riding ring for the ride. I am an experienced rider and that was inexcusable. That should NEVER happen.

Jerusalem, Israel
12 attraction reviews
“20 years later and still the best.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

One of the things l love to do when on vacation is go horse back riding. Normally its just some boring over priced trail ride but not here. I have been going to Arrowmont for 20years every summer and they treat us like family. Beautiful trails that look over the mountains, fields of flowers with butterflies, meandering through a pine forest, the list goes on. David demonstrates the utmost professionalism and safety is a priority. With 30min ridding demonstration at the beginning of the ride, hard hats, and experienced guide the entire journey is well worth it.

Visited May 2012