“I wasn't hungry anymore and I didn't get food poisoning” 2 of 5 stars

(252) 453-0344
Improve this listing
Ranked #56 of 69 Restaurants in Corolla
WV
“I wasn't hungry anymore and I didn't get food poisoning”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

That and the fact that it was pretty cheap gets it two stars. We wanted to eat at Philly Steak and Subs but got there at 8:03 only to discover they were already closed (in mid-July tourist season you close before 8pm? Really??? There's money to be made fellas, check into it). This was the closest cheesesteak place so we decided tp give it a shot. It as advertised as Outer Banks Cheesesteaks and Deli. The first red flag should have been the deli part consisted of one small case of Boar's Head products...that was it. I ordered a cheesesteak and onion rings, my wife got a grilled cheese sandwich. Red flag number two, he fired up the fryer and went in the back and got a plastic bag full of frozen onion rings. Red flag number three, the grilled cheese was a piece of cheese between two pieces of bread with Crisco olive oil sprayed on the outside made in a panini press.
We got home and wife said the grilled cheese sandwich tasted weird and burned. The onion rings were okay for frozen but not much flavor. The cheesesteak had very little meat, a head of shredded lettuce and was serviceable but pretty tasteless. We'll pass this place up and look further for a cheesesteak option next time.
Note to the owner: Correct the improper spelling of your business in Trip Advsor. It's spelled wrong.

Visited July 2013

Bel Air, Maryland
“Tiny but good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

My wife and I were driving to four-wheel-drive country saw the shopping center on the right, we pulled in to get some food and pick this restaurant of the ones that were there because I have a thing for cheesesteaks. The service was attentive and quick, it was $21 for my wife and I to go get food and drink So it was a little pricey but my cheesesteaks was certainly good and a nice break from all the seafood.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Corolla, North Carolina, United States
“Good deli sandwiches”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I am not a cheesesteak fan, but the hubby thought his was delish. I have tried the reuben and the meat is great quality but the mustard was a little too much for me. I like the super juicy cheeseburger. Get an order of fries to share. It's a big enough portion to feed a small country!!

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
St Stephen, SC
“Deli”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Awesome Sandwiches and onion rings, has a little candy shop right next door that is great too! If you looking for something fresh and quick this is it!

Visited September 2012
Reisterstown, Maryland, United States
“Very Kind Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

The selection and food is good, and the Staff were very friendly and welcoming.

Visited May 2012