“It's easy to see why there's a wait!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Delicatessen
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch
Sandusky, Ohio
“It's easy to see why there's a wait!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2010

Several people have complained that they were immediately told there was a wait before they ordered. I'm no pioneer of good ideas, but I, for one, would like to be warned of a wait at a sandwich shop BEFORE I order and pay. Would you like them to get your cash and then tell you? Anyways, I'm glad I did wait because when we got our food, it was not only delicious, but piping hot and generously portioned. I see why they're so busy and there's a wait. There phone's constantly ringing off the hook, the dining room's full and there's a line to the door. I thought the menu stack on top of the garbage can by the front door, not the center of the dining room, was a good idea because it was right next to me when I stepped into line at the front door. I don't see how the other comment on here could say "worst cheesesteaks" when they didn't even get their food. I don't know what that other guy did, but he must have caused a scene if they had to call the police on them. All in all, it was a good experience. The food was good. It was cheaper than ANYWHERE else in Corolla. They serve hoardes of hungry people in, respectively, little time. They've got lots of seating and a clean dining room and they've been there for years. Call me stupid, but they must be doing something RIGHT! I'll be back every year!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“why wait until fiday night to get food in corolla”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2010

to the gentleman with the nasty feed back best cheesesteaks frozen pizza is the way to go on friday night in season get over yourself loser sorry they did not kiss your million dollar personality when they make over a 1000
cheese steaks on a friday secondly who complains about chicken cheese steaks at a cleary business named philly steaks....................................................................................................................

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Etters, Pennsylvania
“One of the saviors of our wet vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2010

We went down to the OBX during one of the ugliest weeks. We went late season, right at the end of September. The weather was horrid, it rained every single day we were down there, and didn't get to spend much time outside at all.

To flavor things up a bit, we decided to eat out a little more than we originally planned with the 6 of us that went down.

This place was by far, the best restraunt we tried down in Corolla.

I live in PA, and must say that they do the cheesesteaks right. The meat is still moist when you get it, not dried out like a lot of places. I did the Cheesesteak with L/T/M and added some extra cheese. Also, the ranch fries are awesome...a must have. They also have some great bottled sodas from NJ that helped wash it all down.

I see a lot of review on here about the terrible service, but the lady who took care of our orders was friendly and held a non-food related conversation with us for about 10 minutes when things were slow. It was such a good experience we ate here again later in the week.

All in all, a great place to eat.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hershey, PA
“Horrible service, worse cheesesteaks”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2010

Just got the subs....lots of meat, very poor taste. guys behind the counter were obnoxious.
There are a TON of better places to eat in corolla....Avoid like the plague

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Philly's most tasteless exports since David Brenner and Joey Lawrence”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2010

Our party had the rather unpleasant experience of trying to eat here on the last night of our OBX stay. Imagine our heartbreak when we were immediately presented with a sign telling us that they were out of chicken cheesesteaks! On top of that, the rather surly and unpleasant fellow behind the counters' initial greeting to us was to tell us to expect a 20 minute wait; which his fellow worker repeated to us once she put down her beer mug. We were then directed to a pile of menus placed oh so elegantly on top of the plastic garbage cans in the middle of the restaruant. Despite the obvious bad Karma we were getting, we decided to nonetheless persevere and placed an order for (and paid for) run of the mill cheesesteaks. We never did get to try the cheesesteaks though because after returning 20 minutes later to pick up our steaks the fellow behind the counter told us that it would be at least another 20 to 25 minutes and proceeded to give us our money back. When I asked to speak to the manager he told me he was the manager and told me to leave the restaruant or he would call the police.

If you want a hassle free meal on your last night in the OBX get some frozen pizzas and beer from the Food Lion. If on the other hand, you want to feel like an oponent of the mid 70's Flyers hockey team then this is just the place for you.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere