I'm in a business where I get phone calls and contracts everyday, so when I get away for an overnight, it has to be a place where I can lay back and regroup. This fall I made the perfect choice for a respite at The Inn at Corolla Light. It was not too far from home (Virginia Beach), sequestered between the trees and sound, and peacefully quiet. Our room overlooked the sound and provided a deck for us to kick back and enjoy some cheese and a glass of wine. Inside our room had a fridge too keep snacks cold and a fireplace for added ambiance. After wine and cheese, we followed the inn keepers suggestion and ate at North Banks in Corolla. It was a hoppin' restaurant with good food and spirits. Breakfast was provided by the Inn and the sausage was exceptional. On our way home we hiked a park and did some shopping. The Inn at Corolla Light and the attentive staff is the way to savor a day off work. Oh, did I mention this was all when hurricane Sandy was approaching the Outer Banks?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly Renovated! Charming waterfront inn on the Currituck Sound featuring classic Outer Banks wrap around porches, gas fireplaces, whirlpool tubs and breathtaking views, located in the renowned Corolla Light Resort. To access the amenities of the resort, a fee is added to the room cost each night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Inn at Corolla Light reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn At Corolla Light Hotel Corolla
- Inn Corolla
- Inn At Corolla Light NC - Outer Banks