Musty Rooms, cats galore, and the rudest obx people we've met
We're veterans of two stays at the INN. We've tried an economy room up on the 3rd floor and it was damp and quite musty. We've tried a ground floor room and yes, it too was damp feeling and musty in July. The only way to miss the musty smell is to have a plugged nose! It's strong. If you have allergies you'd best go to the Hampton Inn or the Sanderling, etc.
The Inn has potential but has seemingly been run into the ground by the manager. It's sad because the place has a lot of potential if run by the right person. I'd say that the attitude of the senior staff is so bad, they are in the wrong kind of business, and really should be barred from any customer involvement of any kind.
Here's the short list of what we saw:
1. Cats galore on the decks so watch out for your allergies.
2. Musty and damp rooms. If you are allergic to mold this is no place for you.
3. Our door knob would not lock, though it appeared to be locked. Only by accident did we learn that anyone could simply push it open...scary.
4. The fireplace glass doors were so sooty, they appeared to not have been cleaned in decades. Because they're 2 sided and daylight shines through them, it give the room a feel of filth that's hard to explain. Is the staff so busy they can't clean a fireplace glass at least once in 6 months? What are they doing Jan-March anyway?
5. The bathroom sink was not secured to the wall and shaky.
6. The entrance door to the room sticks so badly that you have to put your full body weight against it to open it.
7. The cleaning staff does not seem to clean under beds or behind anything. We'd call it call in cleaning 'light.'
8. We'd rate the cleanliness of the rooms a D.
9. Wireless Internet. They are not telling the truth. It's is a joke. From what we could tell, not one of their premium soundfront rooms or balconies could receive a wireless signal. The rude staff said we could sit in the office to use the internet. Kind of like the timeout chair!
Other than the things we observed, it was not all that bad. I'd estimate that 99.9% of the problems reflect lousy or non-caring, or negligent management. It's better than sleeping in a tent. We won't be returning.
- Also Known As:
- Inn At Corolla Light Hotel Corolla
- Inn At Corolla Light Hotel
- Inn Corolla
- Inn At Corolla Light NC - Outer Banks
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly Renovated! Charming waterfront inn on the Currituck Sound featuring classic Outer Banks wrap around porches, gas fireplaces, whirlpool tubs and breathtaking views, located in the renowned Corolla Light Resort. To access the amenities of the resort, a fee is added to the room cost each night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Inn at Corolla Light reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.