“Great dinner!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 53 Restaurants in Corolla
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: We visited the last week of June, 2012 and they told us they had only been open 10 days. They handled a party of 15 as if they were doing if for years. The salsa was unbelievable! The food was light fresh and delicious!!
Murrysville, Pennsylvania
“Great dinner!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

I called in for takeout (ordered ceviche with added crab and chopped salad). The person taking the call, whom was very nice and professional, informed me the menu I saw was the summer menu and they no longer had that salad. I asked if chips and salsa were also given; he informed they were.

They didnt give me the crab with my ceviche but I wasn't charged either. The chips and salsa was incredible and they gave so much, I didn't really need anything else! The ceviche was really good; I just wish it had crab.

Will definitely go back again!!!

Norfolk, Virginia
“Something Different!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

The Agave Roja is definitely a "modern mexican" restaurant and when I say something different I mean SOMETHING DIFFERENT! If you are looking for your typical Mexican food , this is not the place...If you are looking for exciting cuisine...you have found it! The food takes me back to my travel days to Mexico City where the food was pleasurable to the eye and the taste most agreeable! Grace...a very satisfied customer! P.S. The music is fantastic!

• Visited November 2012
Fairfax, Virginia
“Fantastic Margarita's and Even Better Food and Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Wow, here for a weekend trip to Corolla and saw the great reviews for Agave Roja. Place is fantastic and they are spot on. Steve made the best drinks and Kelsey was great too making sure we got everything we needed and most attentive service. My wife had the steak taco's which she raved about along with the black beans and rice. I had the shrimp camarones azteca dish which was spicy hot but fantastic! The margaritas were great, can't wait to come back on our future trips, this will be a repeat visit each time we're in the outer banks.

• Visited December 2012
nevada
“Better than Average Mexican Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Went there on a Saturday night in November and was very pleased. It's a good alternative to the steak/seafood/pizza restaurants. The prices seem high but the portions are generous and I think that based on value for the money it comes out ahead. The informal atmosphere also makes it attractive to families. The service was excellent.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
New Philadelphia, Ohio
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

This is not your average Mexican place. While the owner and staff are not Mexican, they are making "real" Mexican food and it is outstanding. Certainly none of the usual Tex-Mex stuff. The main courses were great. But the best side dishes I have had in ages were the refried black beans and the Queso..I am not that big a fan of refried beans, but these were out of site. Could have made a meal of the Queso and the refried black beans, alone. However don't miss out on any of the other great dishes. Yes it was a bit pricey, but it is a vacation spot, so didn't feel it was out of line. If I am going to eat cheap, I'll stay home. There was plenty to eat and left feeling well fed and that it was worth the price.

• Visited October 2012