“Michael Smith Review” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Corolla
Raleigh, United States
“Michael Smith Review”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

This hotel was excellent, it was in a wonderful location and my family thoroughly enjoyed our vacation at the beach. I highly recommend staying there to my friends and family as their next vacation comes around.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

568 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Pawling
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel many, many times. It is a wonderful location. Quiet and convenient to many places in the Corolla area. The staff is attentive, listens to your needs and is responsive. During this particular stay, there was an issue with a truck outside our room and the manager took care of the problem. Appreciated and noted. I highly recommend staying here.

With this said and my heart loving the hotel, it is beginning to show its age and wear. Naturally. Dont we all? I hope Hilton keeps this property at its highest level. As a HHONORS member, this is important to me. This is a valuable Hilton property.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

I stay at this hotel 1-2 times per year. Every year I stay the first weekend in May for my birthday with my best friend. This year I also stayed on labor day weekend. I love it all the time but I prefer May, more personal with the employees and guests. I just liked it alot more. I absolutely love Pat, the breakfast manager. He is like a member of the family.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

The weather was perfect, Breakfast offered many varieties of choices from waffles we made ourselves to hard boiled eggs and lots of toast and cereal. I saw kids of every age enjoying the variety. Also loved and tried all 4 pools and of course the beach. We felt that our three days at the Outer Banks allowed us to have a real vacation. Thanks to all.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

King Geprg, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

From beginning to end Katie and Justin, made our stay just about flawless. The wi fi in the room was a little slow, so I went to the Business Ctr and work, and felt safe enough to do so, 3am in the morning. They always had a smile, learned my name and made me and my family feel at home. The rooms were Super clean, the grounds well keep. Can not wait to go back in Nov. What a fabulous time???

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Florence, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Bed uncomfortable and sliding door did not lock. " This was reported to Maintenance and they did not respond. We requested another room for the remainder of our stay. We had housekeeping place a down comforter on our bed so we could sleep

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Tyler D, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Outer Banks/ Corolla, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear Beth A.,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I apologize that your found parts of your stay lacking. It is our goal to always meet and exceed our guests expectations and we work tirelessly day in and day to reach this goal. I do apologize that our maintenance team did not respond upon your request to have the door handle fixed but I am glad that we were able to move you to a room that was more comfortable for the remainder of your stay. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience you faced with the door handle and I hope that this will not deter you from being our guest again in the future.

Tyler Davis
Guest Services Manager
Key West, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We recently stayed at this Hampton Inn, on the North Carolina Coast. The area is very nice and understandably, very popular. The Hotel, however, is not worth the 80,000 points it took to stay there!
Their is no restaurant, no bar, the pool towels are as big as a postage stamps. By the pool, their was trash sitting for 2 days, the sprinkler system by both pools was broken and daily sprayed water up 5 feet. In our room, their was two (2) wasp nests in the outer screen door, preventing its use until the staff came up and sprayed killer on them. The porch was still very dirty from sand (understandably) but the bug droppings and cobwebs in the corner, i don't understand. Additionally, their were tiles in the bathroom fallingoff the walls. This i can understand from a lower valued property, but they consider themselves a level 9 out of 10, level property! ( a $400) room.....Perhaps it was the holiday weekend? I doubt it!
The staff that worked there did a great job, and were very friendly.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Outer Banks/ Corolla? Share your experiences!