“Best Tennis Instruction” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 14 attractions in Corolla
Type: Sports Camps/ Clinics
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Corolla Light Tennis offers year-round tennis programming at the Corolla Light Resort. Our teaching pros excel at working with beginners to the very advanced players. Private lessons and clinics are open to the public.
Kerhonkson, New York
“Best Tennis Instruction”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2011

Jim is the tennis pro at Corolla Light! His knowledge about tennis is incredible! He assessed my abilities and worked with me on form that included footwork, contact with the ball and follow through. He worked with me on racket grip and how to move from the really position to forehand and backhand! I had a great experience! One that I will remember for a long time! I can't wait to get back and work with Jim again! RS

Visited December 2011

Camden, North Carolina
“great tennis clinic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2010

I attended 5 tennis clinics during my week at corolla light. They were conducted by the new head tennis instructor , "IB". He was wonderful. It was the best tennis instruction that I have ever had. (Last summer I attended Van der meer tennis clinic in Hilton Head). IB took much time explaining how to correct my strokes. The drills were excellent. There were never more than 3 people in my clinic and it was only $15. for an hour of indoor tennis on clay courts. I loved it .
Jim Scot is also very excited about the tennis program and that was very motivating. If you go to Corolla Light make sure you play tennis. It was just great. Nell Morrison

Wilmington, North Carolina
“Top Notch Tennis Instruction!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2010

My 4 year old daughter Peyton has been attending tennis clinics at Corolla Light under the instruction of tennis pro Jim Scott for about a year now. My husband and I could not be more pleased with the instruction my daughter has gained. Not only is she learning vital tennis skills, but also she is having a blast! I drive 2 hours each way for my daughter to attend, and it is worth every minute in the car. I look forward in watching my daughter progress in her tennis skills under the instruction of Jim Scott.

Moyock NC
“Beautiful facility, great staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2010

Just want to say that Jim Scott has assembled an outstanding staff. He's very committed to improving tennis in our area.
We took our entire summer teaching staff to Corolla Light for a staff retreat, and Jim conducted a QuickStart clinic for them. He was wonderful: enthusiastic, knowledgeable.
I know that, if I wanted a lesson, either for myself or for my child, Jim is the kind of man I'd be looking for.
As for the facility, there are two indoor clay courts, a bunch of outdoor courts, both hard and soft, a health facility, a racquetball court, and a full size swimming pool. Plus, a fuly stocked pro shop.

Arlington, Virginia
“Justin went the extra mile to provide us superb tennis instruction!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2010

My friend and I decided to sign up for 2 hours of instruction. Justin was very helpful with tips for improving our serves, forehand, and backhand. We had never had "professional" lessons before today. We plan to go back before we leave for additional instruction. Top Notch & VERY professional. I would highly recommend this facility.