“Wonderful Birthday Present” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 21 activities in Corolla
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Three ways to take your Wild Horse Adventure with us! Tour Guide Driven Custom Enclosed A/C 4X4 Mini Coach Horse Tour. Tour Guide Driven Custom Open-Top Hummer / Excursion Horse Tour. Rent A Jeep And Drive Yourself On A Tagalong Guided Tour. Find the Outer Banks Wild Corolla Spanish Mustang Horses and discover some of the most unique sights OBX has to offer with our air-conditioned Excursions or open-air tours. Our friendly and knowledgeable guides take you onto the pristine northern beaches - accessible only with a 4x4 off-road vehicle. We guarantee to find you the Corolla Wild Ponies or YOUR MONEY BACK. The Off Road Adventure tour is a little over two hours in length. You will ride in a modern Excursion or for those wanting to taste the salty fresh air we offer customized OPEN TOP vehicle tours. No two tours are ever the same as each is tailored directly to your party's needs; so if you like history, ecology and adventure we have you covered.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Wonderful Birthday Present”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I went on this tour with some family members for my birthday and can't think of a better way to celebrate. Our guide, Dave, is knowledgable about the horses and the surrounding area, and he went out of his way to make sure everyone in our party had a great experience. Even though the horses are sometimes hard to spot in the winter, Dave knew exactly where to find them and we saw more than we bargained for. The horses are absolutely beautiful and a great time was had by all!!!! I highly recommend for anyone with a love of horses and the outdoors.

Visited February 2013

Hampstead, NH
9 attraction reviews
“What fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Had a great time & would recommend this to anyone who likes a thrill (but not be scared) and wants to learn about the wildlife of the Outer Banks. I am thrilled to have Gary as our guide. I worried we would miss a lot of the "educational" part or some of the humor because we drove the jeep ourselves. No problem! Gary stopped a few times and made us feel very included. We felt this was well worth the cost.

Gainesville, Georgia, United States
“DAVE IS THE MAN”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

We took the tour today and had Dave as our guide. Couldn't have asked for a nicer, more knowledgeable person to lead us. The tour would have been beautiful no matter who guided us but Dave made it more special with his wit, humor and friendliness. Definitely a great experience and I'd highly recommend Dave and this tour service to others.

Thanks!
Lori

Visited February 2013
Moyock, North Carolina
“Way way cool!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Took my son on a father/son adventure. We originally were to go to Williamsburg VA to check out the colonial village but it snowed. I called four wild horse tours to change gears and left messages. By morning I hadn't heard back from anyone so we were off to the Virginia Beach Aquarium; half way down our street Linda from Wild Horse Adventure Tours called and we were on our way to Corolla. We had a total blast. I don't get "excited" much ( I always have a great time but excited is not my character...I got totally excited the whole trip). Jeeps, dunes, horses (24 horses in all in approx. 6 different groups), beautiful, beautiful sceanery and amazing
houses; the day couldn't have been better. My 9 year old son loved it and our guide Dave was the best. He went above and beyond in making our day fun and informative including stopping to pick up shells on the beach and giving it to my son. This habitat is so unexpected and beautiful that if you have the opportunity you shouldn't miss it. Thanks Dave for a great day.

Visited January 2013
“A frigid afternoon with Dave= unforgettable experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Our family of six and an infant had the pleasure of taking a tour with Dave on what may have been OBX's coldest day in 2 years. And, we could not have asked for a better time! Dave went out of his way to make sure we have memories that will never be forgotten. He was so knowledgeable of the area, the horses, and our beloved Buckeyes :). And, not only did he laugh at, but also joined in with my dad and brother's jokes. This tour was so worth the money and getting pictures of snow and horses on the beach was amazing... The gorgeous conch shell was just icing on the cake! (Dave also recommended a local restaurant for dinner. I'm so full I could pop! It was DELISH!)