“Great prices, great staff - what's up with the food???” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 83 Restaurants in Cornelius
Cuisines: American
USA
“Great prices, great staff - what's up with the food???”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Am I the only person who's had a less than perfect meal at this place?

I took the family here and we all tried....the tenders of course, it's their name, so they've GOTTA be good right? Wrong.

For just under $7 you can get 3 tenders, fries, and a drink. So, the price is great. The staff was also very friendly and extremely quick. The food was at the table before I got our drinks from the fountain.

There's also plenty of parking and plenty of tables. It would take a ton of people to fill up all the tables here.

Ok - let's get to the real issue with this place, the food itself. The fries are of the really skinny variety and just seemed overly "limpy" for some reason - maybe not cooked long enough. However, you could tell that they were fresh. But that didn't compensate for how they were cooked.

The tenders, hmmm. Well, first of all, if they were fresh or not I certainly could not tell due to the vast amount of breading/coating on them. Then they must have been fried for an hour or so because they came out tasting like burnt breading.

These were actually the first tenders ever that my child has NOT eaten. She took a few bites and asked me if she had to eat the rest of them. I'm not into torture, so I told her "no, we'll get you something to eat when we get back home."

We didn't try anything grilled, didn't try the milkshakes, and didn't try anything OTHER THAN what the name states, "Tenders". Because shouldn't the tenders be the BEST thing they have? You don't go to a pizza place to eat salad and you don't go to a lobster pound in Maine to try the quiche. When in Rome...

Anyway, we definitely won't be back. Maybe I hit it on a bad day, because this place certainly always has plenty of business. But, next time we're in the mood for tenders, we'll go down the road to Chick-Fil-A, as they are way better - fresh or not.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Chapel Hill, NC
“Great food, great price, great staff.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

The food is always above average for a quick meal, the prices are comparable to fast food, and the staff is friendly, competent, and dressed very professionally. The dining room is always clean and the place is always packed. Even when the restaurant is totally full I've never waited more than 5 or 6 minutes for a to-go order and my order has always been correct. I highly recommend this establishment!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cornelius, North Carolina
“They Only Do One Thing, and They Do It Well ....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Not a deep menu, but everything on it is AWSOME! Odd "drive-thru" set-up, that creates it's own traffic jams at peek hours, but is reminiscent of "old timey" drive-ins. But, eat in, even if it is just for the super-high-tech-self-serve soda machines. Good Food, Friendly Service, and Decent Value.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Outstanding quality, service, value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We visited on July 4 and ate the most amazing fries and chicken strips ever. Great quality, service and value. Excellent for families. We will return every chance we get!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Homemade sauce is amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

This place is all about their chicken and the homemade sauces. Loved the ranch, it is amazing! I would highly recommend the tenders don't bother ordering anything else (other items are fine but the tenders are why you would drive 30 min extra)!

• Visited June 2013