“Love Sweet Cakes” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Dessert
Cornelius, North Carolina
“Love Sweet Cakes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I have visited Sweet Cakes on several occasions (old and new locations) and have always come away with tasty treats! The Lemon cupcake and Salted Caramel cupcake are two of my most favorite flavors! I have never had an unpleasant experience nor have I ever had a cupcake that tasted anything other than great! I have tried Maddy's Fatty's down the road and prefer Sweet Cakes cupcakes.

Tip: If you are looking for gluten-free, then Maddy's is where you need to go.

• Visited April 2013

“Try it for yourself...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

This bakery does not sell gluten free pastries, only cupcakes. They are delicious, and I have a hard time believing they refused refund, as they have always been so sweet to us on each visit. The ladies greet you through the door with a smile & hello! If anything, the owner occasionally looks tired or less than friendly, but she's never really been that way after the initial hello. She had hired people so she can be in the back, so her personality should be no issue. Try for yourself, don't always believe the reviews.

• Visited April 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
“old cakes and overpriced”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Went there to buy glutten free pastries for my family. We spent over $25 for our order. When we brought them home they tasted very strong of chemicals. We went back to tell them and the manager told us they were fine and refused to refunf the $. Will never go back there again

Visited September 2012
South Carolina
“Haven't found a flavor cupcake that I didn't like! Perfect.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

This is an outstanding cupcake bakery. Many many flavors, which vary by day and season. Their cupcakes make great gifts. I like their nice boxes for take away.
While in for a treat, I observed a customer pick up a cupcake bouquet and it was beautiful. So much prettier than I expected and not too expensive. What a great party idea.
Looking forward to their seasonal lime cupcake again this year. The new location is so nice and conveniently located. I like to pick up a dozen of their mini cupcakes in a variety of flavors because none of my family can ever decide which one they like best.
The ladies working there are always so nice. I got the impression that it was an owner managed shop. Definitely worth a trip if you have a sweet tooth.

• Visited March 2013
Lake Norman, North Carolina
“Yum”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Yum-meeeeee
Try one of their new and interesting flavors. You won't be disappointed!
Consistently good.