“This is the best motel I've ever stayed at.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Cornelius
Tallahassee, Florida
“This is the best motel I've ever stayed at.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2010

We were on a road trip up from FL to NY and back again, so we stayed at many motels near the interstates. By far, the this Microtel was the nicest and a great value. It was not only clean, but actually a lot better quality in every way compared with the other places we stayed. The place was recently renovated, and our room was really more similar to a Sheraton or Marriott than any off-the-highway motel that I've seen. They allow pets for a fee (we had our dog with us), but there was no trace of pet-related odor or stains. The desk staff were very friendly and helpful. We're planning another road trip soon, and if we wind up having to spend the night anywhere near Cornelius, we will definitely come back here again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2010

My family and I were in Cornelius for my niece's graduation (Davidson College)! First of all, Davidson is a cozy country town and Cornelius is like a open lake community. So, the hotel is located between two shopping center and they have plenty of restaurants within walking distance. First night, the staff recommended the Indian restaurant for exotic taste buds and we has Indian food before but this was amazing! i think the restaurant was called Senggam. Second day was the graduation day so we didn't get a chance to try out other restaurant but I can see why my niece really loves this place. The hotel was just wonderful overall. Great rate compare to other hotel. The rooms are fairly new with flat screen TVs and pillow top beds. I gotta say that the hotel at first impression wasn't all that but when we got the room and got settled with all the family going crazy it truly felt like home! I will say that it was relatively noisy but that's because there were a lot of families staying there for the graduation. Also, the owner knew EVERYONE, so i think a lot of the student's parents have been coming here for awhile. Over all... i have to say that this place is rare... good service, comfortable rooms, friendly staff and best of all KNOWLEDGEABLE staff and all this for almost nothing! I've paid more and gotten less so I was pretty impressed.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2010

We have been using this hotel to host a local event the last five years. Its convenient location , efficient service and reasonable rate are important and valued.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
MTL28356, General Manager at Microtel Inn by Wyndham Cornelius/Lake Norman, responded to this review, May 23, 2010
John,

It has been our pleasure to serve you throughout the years. I want to thank you for taking your time out of your busy schedule to write us an review. Our goal is to always know how satisfied our customers are and your review definitely helps us in achieving that goal. I am going to make sure every staff member gets a chance to read this review. We hope to see you soon!

Thanks

Nash Patel & Staff
pittsburgh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2009

I will say that overall, this hotell was a great value for what I received. To start off with the entire experience....
Check in- checked in with the manager, our request for top floor was given and everything was smooth.

I will say that each and every member of the staff were professional, personable, and willing to help with such questions as restaurants in the area.

The hotel looked to have been remodeled recently. There were some older pieces of furniture in the hallways and the under the hotel parking area. Not a complaint for me but i can tell how others may be annoyed by it.

The room was semi similar to the other Microtels that i have been to. This one had the bathroom sink outside of the rest of the bathroom. The furniture and carpeting looked brand new, and the room looked recently painted. The overal job of the remodeling was kind of cheaply done. The painting job was pretty sloppy and the carpeting was laid down pretty badly too. Once again, not something that bothered me for the price but I could see others doing so. The beds were very comfortable, the air conditioning worked great in both rooms ( see below), and the cable in both rooms worked great as well. There was a pretty large fridge and microwave in the rooms as well. The hotel was pretty full but slept great at night. The breakfast the next morning contained some very unique items (vienna creams, oreos, ritz crackers, orange wafers, animal crackers) along with the usual selection. i will say that the breakfast was stocked very very well and the variety of condiments (jellies, butters) were more abundant than any hotel I have been to. Much better than i thought. Now for the cons.

I fully understand that the hotel cant be perfectly clean as people do things in rooms that we can only question. I give a lot of slack in that. These issues were not something that I felt the need to complain to because its not a big deal, but just for your reference I will mention them.

1. The carpet is new but had a decent amount of stains on it, Some were sticky
2. Both rooms we were in had issues with cleanliness, I found wrappers on the floor and food in the fridge in one room, and then corona bottle caps in the lighting fixture above the bed and more wrappers on the ground in the second room. It didnt disgust me but I can question how much they really clean everything else. The bathroom did seem very clean though.
The first room we were in had a tube screen television, but what made us switch rooms was the toilet seat was all but about to fall off the toilet. I did not have any tools to tighten it so I went downstairs to ask the younger lady if she could fix it or even give me something to help it. She didnt have anything so she recommend we switch rooms, which wasnt a big deal for us. The next room had an off brand but flat screen lcd television, and a newer alarm clock (the other one looked 30 years old). The only problem with this room was the bathroom door did not close and (or) lock so if you really wanted privacy that may be a problem. It was just the fact that they should maintain problems in rooms a little better. I let these things slip past me because overall the room was the same price as a much older and run down hotel, yet it was a much nicer place. Fix those little issues and they have themselves one heck of a value in lodging.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
MTL28356, Manager at Microtel Inn by Wyndham Cornelius/Lake Norman, responded to this review, August 7, 2009
We know you have a busy life and we want you to know that we appreciate greatly for the time you have taken to write us an detailed review. I want to assure you that the comments and concerns you have described will be channeled properly and we will do our best to make sure you next stay with us is anything but perfect.

Again, we appreciate your well detailed review and appreciate you taking a moment out of your schedule to share your experience with others and helping the hotel improve.

Nash Patel, GM
Pinellas Park, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2009

My wife and I and our puppy traveled to Lake Norman to visit my parents. I had talked with the manager, Nash, when making our reservations and he was great! When we arrived, the room was better than expected and the continental breakfast was simply amazing! Many, many choices and all fresh and appealing in their presentation. Throughout our stay we were asked if everything was OK and if the hotel was meeting our expectations. The housekeeping staff was fantastic, and always had a smile and a greeting for us each time we saw them. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying near Charlotte and Lake Norman.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
CT
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2009

I stayed at the Microtel Inn, Cornelius, NC for 4 nights. The staff was friendly, free continental breakfast, and right off Hwy 77 near lots of stores/restaurants is a nice combination. This is not a fancy hotel, rather a good, basic place for $54.99 a night. It was safe, clean and a good value. My only minor complaint washearing some noise from nearby rooms, not rowdy kids just a loud TV. I would request a room with no one near me next time if possible but it was a minor annoyance. I would stay there again if I needed to stay in that area.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2009

This hotel was right off the interstate. Good room for the price. I got it for 45.00 a night with a coupon from the rest area right before the hotel. Otherwise same room for 59.00 for 1 night. room was a little small, but wasn't there very long so it didn;t other me. Bed was king and suited my husband and I. Breakfast was cereal and bagels and eggos, Very good and tasty for our stay. Started our day off right the next day. Would recommend to anyone traveling as a couple. The room we had would have been a little tight with any children. Good for the two of us. Staff was very courteous and helpful

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Microtel Inn by Wyndham Cornelius/Lake Norman? Share your experiences!