“My Stay at Microtel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 6 hotels in Cornelius
A TripAdvisor Member
“My Stay at Microtel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Everything was good except the variety on the breakfast meal. All the Microtels' I have stay at in the past had a waffle maker not this one.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

111 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Ajax
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

We booked on-line from Florida about ten days before we planned our stay. Within two hours of booking we realized we needed to change to a location further south and tried to switch our reservation. They refused. Consequently after driving ten hours, we checked into the hotel. There are no coffee makers in the rooms and no hair dryers in the bathrooms. The whole place appeared worn and tired. A very disappointing experience. We definitely will not be staying there again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Huntersville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

I had to stay here last minute due to a glitch with the closing on my house. I was very surprised with how nice it was, I'm a marriot elite and hilton diamond and generally don't stay at budget motels but was VERY pleased--staff is VERY nice and I would absolutely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Lanham, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I stayed at this location on 7/5/2012. Dirty, dated, and roach infested. Rooms were not ready when I checked in at 5:30. Assigned to a room that had never been cleaned. Linens were dirty. Check other locations before staying here. I am a travel agent and would never recommend anyone to stay here.

Room Tip: Check into another hotel all together. This hotel is nothing like the photos.
Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Greensboro, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

I stayed at this hotel on 06-9-12 and had no problems so while in the area I stayed at this hotel on 06-15-12. When I stayed on 06-15-12 after taking a shower I spotted a bug. I called the owner to the room and he asked what type of bug it was, where is the bug as if I picked the bug up or trapped it in a glass. The owner was not helpful at all. He acted as if the bug never existed because I did not keep the bug for evidence.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Nashville, TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

My husband & I stayed here for a month and, the front desk is very sweet, they have breakfast every morning they are clean, rooms are nice, room service=Good, I had a problem with one of the house keepers, she was very rude and would just barge into my room without knocking, but she no longer works here. It is safe here, we have not had a problem with anyone. Beds are comfy. The only down fall is, The rooms with one queen bed is small, so if your staying for one or two nights its perfect for a couple, but we were here so long that we got a room with 2 queen beds and its much larger but you have to pay a fee per night extra for it. But other than that, It's nice!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

I'm headed to this property is it realy rhat bad?? I read one good review out of 32. Should I really look elsewhere??

Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Microtel Inn by Wyndham Cornelius/Lake Norman? Share your experiences!