“Expectations Definitely Not Met” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Cornelius, North Carolina
“Expectations Definitely Not Met”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

We are newly moved to the area and had this restaurant recommended by a few folk.
The food was so bad and sent back and in the end we had our dinner "comp'd" to public relations.
Where to start? It's noisy. Wine by the glass is a poor serving for $10. The Crab Dip is OK and has a bread portion for two if you are not watching carbs.
When we got seated, no appetizers necessary since we had had them at the bar.
Our main of Scallops and Salmon arrived in 5 minutes short and were both COLD, as were the sides.
We complained to our waitress who was prompt at engaging the management., who then passed a new and fresh order.
Meal 2nd time around was edible but the sides of veggies were not. Some ikky kind of broccoli that was way beyond edible.

So the manager did comp our dinner. Would I go back there? Maybe for beer and crab dip, but not for dinner.
It's like a Carrabas or Chilles with less light, more noise and not so great fare.

I really can't understand why folk rave about this place. There are way better offerings locally and I have only been here a month!!

• Visited April 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

“Banana Cream pie is to die for!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

The banana cream pie is probably the best thing at 131 Main. It's all fresh and homemade. The wedge salad was amazing. I added steak to it. We go to 131 Main every couple of months - never had a problem with these items. We usually go for an early dinner and sit outside.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
cornelius,nc
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

disappointed in quality of food. Steaks appeared to have been cut in half horizontally. Overdone. The side dish given was so small it was insulting. Service was good at least.

Visited February 2013
Statesville,NC
“Great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I visited 131 for a dinner date. Our server Stephanie was outstanding from the get go. We did advise her it was our first visit and she was very helpful. She was articulate, knowledgable and professional, her suggestions where right on par with our expectations. Food was great. My wife was very impresed with her pork chops, I got filet medallions and they were outstanding. Menu had numerious options to fit most tastes. All in all our experience was great and we will return

Easton, Maryland
“Loved the atmosphere”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Have heard to much about 131 Main that my husband and I finally made it there. Started with cornbread and honey, a little different recipe which we both enjoyed. Our entrees were a tuna salad and meatloaf and potatoes. Both were average. Dessert was a banana cream pie that we left most of and believe me, I don't leave dessert. Service was excellent. Lovely atmosphere. Disappointing after all we've heard about it. Maybe we'll give it another try.

• Visited March 2013