“Loved the atmosphere” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Easton, Maryland
“Loved the atmosphere”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Have heard to much about 131 Main that my husband and I finally made it there. Started with cornbread and honey, a little different recipe which we both enjoyed. Our entrees were a tuna salad and meatloaf and potatoes. Both were average. Dessert was a banana cream pie that we left most of and believe me, I don't leave dessert. Service was excellent. Lovely atmosphere. Disappointing after all we've heard about it. Maybe we'll give it another try.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Indianapolis, Indiana
“Try the grits and shrimp. Yummy!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I ate hear because it was only a mile from my hotel (Hampton Inn - great property - separate review) and it was recommended among others by the hotel. The restaurant is "casual upscale" American fare, half beef, half seafood. My waitress Lauren was very nice and helpful and recommended the shrimp and grits which was terrific. I had their "local" craft beer and a wedge salad and everything was very good. Place was fairly busy and had a good energy. Friendly and service oriented staff was very helpful. My only negative thought was that their salads seemed quite pricey as a side item to the meal. $8 for a wedge or caeser salad. Portion was generous. Overall a very good meal and experience.

Visited March 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Never again”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I live in the Cornelius area and have dined at this establishment numerous times. This last time I went in it took us an hour and a half to get seated. People who came in after us were seated before us. The experience was so bad that we decided to never patronage this establishment again.

The atmosphere is very loud and VERY dark.
The food is good- but not worth the price you pay for it.
The service is hit and miss- one time it can be good, the next time- a nightmare.

Do yourself a favor and head to Firebirds.

• Visited January 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Not impressed.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

From what we had you could probably get the same type of meal at your local Applebee's. Not very impressed at all. The fillet was very chewy almost like it came off the end of the section of fillet or were the leftover trimmings. the pasta slightly overcooked and very bland. The service was extremely fast as after ordering our meal came out within six minutes, I don't think you should ever send out pasta to a customer that quickly thus proving that it was not cooked order. I am actually still here sitting in the restaurant and just received the bill. I ordered pasta with chicken however the waitress said we can have shrimp or steak or chicken. She said just pick two. Now the bill comes with an additional six dollars charge that was not on the menu nor was informed to us by the waitress for the steak. My wife got the mushroom and artichoke soup that was very very thick and plain. about the only thing I can say that we enjoyed was the service which was very prompt and efficient. And my wife's cocktail she ordered was very good. Probably could find other restaurants within the same price range with a much higher caliber of food.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
NJ
“people food atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

if thos ethree things are key to you having a special night out to dinner, 131 Main is the place. The service has always been top. Our daughter worked there and has compared their training and kitchen practices to other places.. no comparison. Food is reasonable in price,. We go Tuesdays- and share a bottle of wine for half price,... which helps.

Visited November 2012