“Have to write a poor review from my experience” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save Up To 15%
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Cornelius
Hilton Head, South Carolina
“Have to write a poor review from my experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

I stayed at the hotel with a friend of mine recently as we were traveling together. He was a little ahead of me and told me that he booked us up at a Hampton, which I am usually fine with because I know Hampton has good hotels overall. This one is just as nice as many others I have stayed at so upon arrival I was confident that we had found a good little hotel to stay the night. We had a competition to prepare for so we knew we were going to have a late night in the lobby, we got a late check out ahead of time, and went on about our night. The stay up to that point was completely fine. Our problems started in the morning around 9-930 when we got our first knock on the door from housekeeping. I don't know why they didn't know we were a late check out but fine, we let the woman who barely spoke English know we had a late check out and had gotten to bed late, no problem, go back to sleep. Housekeeping then proceeded to knock on our door Every. Half. Hour. after that. LIterally, almost on que, we would get a rap on the door (I don't know if it was the same woman or not, at one point I was just yelling from my bed, but there was the same knock with a ring on, open the door with a "Oh, so sorry!" before closing the door and going away again) I swear it was like clockwork. It happened 4 times from 10am to 12. My roommate and I were trying to time our sleep for a good 6-7 hours of sleep before the competition (we had been up till 5 am to prepare), we ended up getting a broken 3.5-4 hours at best. The competition lasted until almost midnight, and then I had a 4.5 hour drive home.

I came to the Hampton for some restful peace and quiet to prepare, and to get some sleep. While it was a nice place with a nice lobby to prepare at, housekeeping would NOT let us get our peace and quiet for sleep and it made for an absolutely miserable day, competition (I still did well but it was a lot more exhausting than it would/should have been), and a really miserable drive back to Hilton Head, SC loaded with lots of caffeine and loud music to stay awake. The best part was in the morning when we told the guy at the front desk, he shrugged us off like this was completely normal. Then he asked us if we had a "do not disturb" sign up like that would make up for repeatedly telling the housekeepers to leave us alone. Because of my lack of sleep I just wanted to scream at him for his callousness but walked out instead.

The hotel lost my trust to provide me with a good nights sleep. Yes its nice they have redecorated and it looks fine, but the housekeeper/housekeepers lack of understanding and aggressively trying to get us to leave and the front desk guy unresponsive, I'm just never going back.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
jessica p, Manager at Hampton Inn Charlotte North/Lake Norman, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you chose our hotel during your recent stay in the area and we apologize for the housekeeping issues you experienced. We understand that our guests want a peaceful experience and we make every effort to ensure that happens. However, I again apologize for this incident and we want you to know that we have addressed the situation with our staff. If you would like to discuss your stay further, please feel free to contact me directly. We hope you will give us another chance if you visit this area in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Canton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Not sure why bensagle called this an older hotel unless it was recently remodeled. We found lobby, breakfast nook, business center and guest rooms to be pristine. The housekeeping staff was uniformly cheerful and each asked if we were enjoying the hotel (NOT THE AREA OR OUR STAY) they asked specifically if we were enjoying the hotel as though they really cared. Front desk staf quickly silenced roudy wedding reception revelers, kept public trash bins emptied, managed to handle dozens of soccer tournment players as well as walk in guest, with grace, patience efficiency and professionalism.

Room Tip: The interior of the hotel was very quiet. The back of the hotel faces the interstate, which starts...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

First off I would like to thank the night auditor Chris for saving my life. I'm diabetic and was suffering from a low blood sugar attack and I came to the front desk for help. I desperately needed sugar! No sooner did I get the words out of my mouth than did Chris ask what he could get me. I asked for milk cartons, and he brought me a yogurt as well! (He even asked if i had a flavor preference!) They sell snacks in the lobby, but Chris immediately ran to the breakfast room and grabbed me what I needed. I couldn't be more thankful to Chris for saving my life or at least a trip to the ER!

The room was pristine, Wifi was fast, and the coffee maker brews 4 cups instead of 1! Wonderful experience and would recommend this hotel to any friend of mine!

• Stayed October 2012
Altenstadt, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

I travel a lot to the area around Mooresville. This time I stayed in Cornelius at this hotel. Hampton Inn, well known, but I was positive surprised. The hotel has been renovated and the reception area looks very good. Brand new fitness center with everything you need for a good workout. Rooms are clean and fairly good sized. Business center is easy to access. Internet access (free) throughout the whole hotel. Even a little shop for beverages is available at this hotel. I did forget my shaving cream. No problem with Hampton. They gave me a free one and I was prepared for the next day. On Tuesday night, the hotel is offering a kind of happy hour between 5:30 and 6ish.... Very nice! For sure, I will stay there again when I'm in the area.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Waterloo, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

An older Hampton Inn, with average, nothing-special rooms. The breakfast area is fairly nice, however it is quite small. The beds were comfortable, and the staff were pleasant and accommodating. I would stay here again. 7/10

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn Charlotte North/Lake Norman, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Dear Bensagle,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback in regards to your visit to our property. Our hotel recently completed a new renovation and we can’t wait to show off all our new features. We hope we can have another chance to show you what our warm Hamptonality is all about here at our hotel the next time you come to the area. As always, we aim to provide an excellent hotel stay for all of our guests. Thank you again for your comments.

David Amick
eCommerce Manager
Daly Seven, Inc
Atlanta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

The hotel is easy to get to off of I-77. My first floor room was odd numbered and on the west side which is closest to the interstate, but road noise wasn’t bad. I was directly across the hall from the exercise room which along with the lobby appears to have been recently renovated. The room included a mini-fridge, microwave and flat screen TV with several channels in HD. Connecting to the free Wi Fi was easy (room number and last name were required). The connection reset every 24 hours, so I had to re-enter the information each day. But the signal was reliable and fast enough for FaceTime video chats. While there are several restaurants within a short drive, the only one within walking distance was a Greek café (which had a very diverse menu). It was three-tenths of a mile away but oddly, there are no crosswalks at the busy intersection of Statesville Road/Catawba Avenue so caution was required. The breakfast spread was standard Hampton Inn fare with ample seating. There were two minor curiosities during the stay. One was a portable dehumidifier that was running when I checked into my room. Curious how long it would remain, I didn’t say anything about it. It was removed when the room was cleaned the next day. Also, upon checkout the bill included a charge for a long distance call. I informed the staff that I didn’t touch the phone and the charge was removed.

Room Tip: Odd numbered rooms face west toward the Interstate.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Amherst, New Hampshire, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

Seems like it was recently renovated because the lobby and first floor are very nice. The room wasn't terrible, but could use some updating. The fitness center was ok...I wish the TVs were larger and it did feel like the room was rather small. Free breakfast in the morning was great and their price was right.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn Charlotte North/Lake Norman? Share your experiences!