“Very good value for the price paid” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Lake Norman

You added Days Inn Lake Norman to your Saves list
Days Inn Lake Norman
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   19901 Holiday Lane, Cornelius, NC 28031 (Formerly Holiday Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Cornelius
Brooklyn, New York
“Very good value for the price paid”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2010

I stayed at the Cornelius Days Inn for 3 nights, while I was visiting my fiance and my nearby alma mater. From the other reviews, I figured that my experience would be either hit-or-miss. It turned out to be a very good one. The entire room was spotlessly clean, and the housekeeping staff made sure it stayed that way. Complimentary breakfasts were decent, but they could have included more protein-rich foods like eggs, nuts, or cheese. My fiance and I were able to sleep well. The hotel's location was very convenient for me, about 5-6 minutes away from public transportation and less than 10 minutes from Birkdale Mall. I did not use the outdoor pool, but it appeared to be very clean. My only other issue was that the desk clerk who checked me in charged me the more expensive rate, when I should have had the less expensive 3-day-or-longer rate. The manager was very gracious and lowered my rate when I spoke to her about it later. Overall, this hotel is a great option for people on a budget.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Dayton, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2010

My son and I stayed here for the first time. We normally visit the area about every 3 months and stay in Mooresville but thought a change of scenery might be nice. This hotel was AWFUL! I stayed four nights and never once saw them go near the pool...it was nasty! The room was gross...office help was rude and nothing worked correctly. Save your money and go down the road a bit to a nicer hotel for the same money!

• Stayed July 2010
tamarac, florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2009

My son is looking at colleges for next fall and we were recommened by Davidson College to this hotel. Great location near the college, staff was wonderful, rooms clean but need to be updated. I can not say enough about the staff and their customer care. We had 5 people with us and we really needed 2 rooms. The manager Mary, upgraded us to their spacious 2 room suite with full living area. What a treat. She then recommened we eat at the restaurant across the street from the hotel. This was real italian/greek food that we just loved and went back almost every night we stayed at the hotel.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2009

We have just got back from this Days Inn in North Carolina. We went because my sons doctor is up there. The first room they assigned us was cold. The heat didn't work and the toliet didn't work. So I called the front desk and they was kind of enough to reasign us to another room. Upon getting to the front desk the guy was kind and gave us new keys, but as I was walking out the door I over heard a customer ask what what was wrong and the clerk blew it off.
The second room we was assigned was no better. I did a once over and the shower had a dirty wash clothe on the shower rake, the drawers was dirty.
Me and my family will not be returning there.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — the rooms being messy
  • Stayed January 2009
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Rochester, NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2008

Thankfully we only had to stay at this hotel one night! We arrived and after waiting for the desk clerk to get off his personal cell phone (nearly 2 minutes...NOT KIDDING!) we finally checked in. He initally told us that our room was ready and then said it was blocked out and the room he needed to switch us to needed to have the rollaway brought to it. We proceeded to our room and later found out that we had to take the rollaway to the room ourselves. We asked for extra towels and we had to get them ourselves. The door to the hotel didn't shut properly and had to be slammed to fit inside the door jam properly. The room had two double beds, barely enough room to walk between the foot of the beds and the dresser drawers and there was also a table a two chairs by the window...your typical set up. Squeezing the rollaway in there was a challenge. I'm surprised that this hotel's maximum occupancy for this room allowed for the rollaway. We had to move the table and the two chairs into the sink area and stacked the chairs against the wall. It practically blocked the pathway into the bathroom. When we went to check out we tried to complain to the desk clerk (different person this time). She said she couldn't do anything but would pass our concerns to the GM and assured they'd call us. It's been two weeks and no phone call. Poor room quality, poor customer service...pass this one up.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — too cramped for two double beds, a table and two chairs and a rollaway
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Poughkeepsie, NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2008

We stayed at the hotel as we were attending the Lowes Coca-Cola 600. When we walked in the room, it appeared to need a refurb. It seemed OK at first. We found that the toilet leaked when flushed. When I went to pull down the bedpread a spider came across the pillow. Hubby killed it and I went to bed feeling the creeps (tears included) as I don't like spiders! Hubby went around the entire room checking for bugs after the spider incident and he found some which he took care of. When the sheets were pulled down, you could see the bed frame as the bed was not sitting correctly on the frame and it was filthy! The box frame itself looked dirty and was torn. It looked disgusting. The sheets looked and smelled clean.
The next night (we stayed 2) made me a bit nervous. Once again, I pulled the sheets down and found a crawly ( spider!)inside the sheets! I went nuts! Hubby killed it and because I was so exhausted from the race, I checked the rest of the bed and finally fell asleep.
When I checked out, I told the desk clerk that the room needed to be fumigated! I told them only about the spiders and they said the would check the room. The spider issue was such a BIG ISSUE to me. An older woman came out from the office and said that bugs probably came in from the outside. She said they would check the room. I told them I would never stay there again and never again at a Days Inn.
The clerk presented me with my bill and told me that she would remove $30.00 plus tax from our bill because of the problem with the spiders. Personally, that really wasn't enough but that's OK. I did tell them how I felt and I would use this site to tell people what happened it me.
To be honest, I would have checked out after the first spider issue but with the race going on there was nowhere to go! I had to put up with it! My friends in the room next door had no complaints. We did not experience the breakfast offerings they had.
All I can say is, I WILL NEVER STAY THERE AGAIN!

• Liked — There was nothing good about this hotel....
  • Disliked — Spiders!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Fredericksburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2007

We stopped at this hotel on a return trip from our vacation in Georgia. I thought that this property was quite nice. I chose this location because they had RV parking available.
The rooms were much larger than most days inn's and we found the pool, lobby, parking lot very clean. This is not a luxury hotel , just a nice clean comfortable place to stop along the highway. The front desk staff was nice enough to contact the manager to ask her if I could use a coupon that had expired a few days prior and she said okay.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — not sure
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Days Inn Lake Norman? Share your experiences!