“Hit and miss” 3 of 5 stars

Description: Located off I-85 & Speedway Blvd. , Exit# 49 I-85 & Speedway Blvd
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Hit and miss”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

We went here for dinner while staying at a nearby family waterpark resort. We figured it had a good variety and would be quick. Well we were half right. I almost thing the menu for Cracker Barrels are too varied, but at any rate. We ordered, meatloaf for my wife, pancakes for my son and their sampler platter for myself. Well after 20-25 minutes our meals came out (no they weren't crowded, it was a Sunday evening). Well, part of them did. My wife's came out and my sons did, but my sampler came out with no meatloaf and no pinto beans. Then they told me they ran out of meatloaf, while I was staring at a plate full of it across from me. And for some unexplained reason I had a small bowl of extra chicken and dumplings.

So as I was asking where the rest of my meal was other waiters came from the back saying they found more meatloaf, and it appeared as did magically my beans. Well I took one bite of meatloaf and gave the balance to my wife, overpowered with green peppers. No biggy I still had country ham, Mac and cheese and pintos! So I ask for Texas Pete and are offered tobasco, uh no, we are in NC, where Texas Pete is the choice of hot sauces. I began with my Mac and cheese, bland and not warm. I move along to my country ham, whoa nelly. I know country ham is salty, but this was inedible. So on to my chicken and dumplings, or should I say dumplings with a couple pieces of bland overcooked chicken. The saving grade was the pintos, it was really the only thing I ate.

Now the ONLY reason it got an average is because my wife said she enjoyed her meal and my son devoured his pancakes. But this was it for me. I'll probably not be returning to a CB for a long, long time.

Visited February 2014

Atlanta, Georgia
“Nice Late Night Dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

We got to our hotel late and desperately looking for a good place to eat. This was just 1 mile out from where we are staying. It was cold and raining and the warmth of the fireplace was just what we need. It did take a little bit before we got seated not because there were a lot of customers but only few crew left. We are a family of five and everybody ordered something different. Food was really great and we were enjoyingand taking our time eating. Definitely a great place you stop by whenever you are in the area.

Concord, North Carolina
“More Ups than Downs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

We've eaten at this particular Cracker Barrel many, many times and have had our share of great experiences and negative ones as well. Thankfully, we've had more ups than downs.
Last Sunday evening, we wanted a hearty breakfast for dinner. In our town on Sunday evening, that limits you to IHop, Waffle House (both ugh!) or Cracker Barrel. We didn't go until about 7:30 and still had to wait at least thirty minutes for a table. When we were finally seated, there were several empty tables available, so I question the wait time, though I think I've figured it out. Their "country store" - where you are tapped during your wait - has all kinds of snack foods and made in China "country" crafts - all terribly, terribly, terribly overpriced. I think the wait is designed to lure you into purchasing this junk. Never works on us!

Anyhow, finally we were seated and greeted by a very congenial and energetic waitress, Holly, who was remarkably fresh and pleasant after a long and demanding day. Our food was equally good. Their French toast made from sourdough bread, was wonderful, and the bacon was crisp just as I had ordered it. Pancakes and ham were also a hit at our table, and our great waitress kept glasses full and brought everything we had requested - strawberry jam and sugar free syrup. This all hit the spot on a cold Sunday night.
Despite my total dislike for the "country store," the food and service were both great in the restaurant, though I still am unsure about the wait.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Winterville, North Carolina
“The food was nothing to write mom about.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

The coffee tasted like water... and the meals were poor too. We both had sandwiches and they were not warm when the should have and not cooled when they should have been We WON'T be back

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Blountville, Tennessee
“Always good!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Can always count on Cracker Barrel. Food is consistently good and never a disappointment! We love Cracker Barrel.

Visited September 2013