“It's all about the food” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 11 Bakeries in Concord
Cuisines: Cuban
Charlotte, North Carolina
“It's all about the food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

The Cuban food was excellent and the service was very good. The ambience isn't great but it is a nice little place to grab lunch. If you like Cuban and can't find it anywhere else this litte gem is the place to go.

• Visited June 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Concord, North Carolina
“REAL HOMEMADE Cuban Food - Delicioso!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

My husband and I have now visited here 5x! We love it. It is owned by a young family, and they believe in keeping to the Cuban tradition: friendly sevice & atmosphere combined with delicious Cuban food. My husband gets the pork (seasoned just right), and I get the ropa vieja (excellently seasoned and hand pulled flank steak). Each entree includes black beans (seasoned just right) and white rice, 3 fried plantains (also made just right) and homemade Cuban bread (baked daily) - very light with the perfect crunch. The cost was very fair...even with a homemade smoothie afterwards (also delicious), our bill came to about $25! My father was Cuban, and this place and their welcome really reminds me of my Dad and his family and all the home-cooked meals I had when I was younger. The place has specially painted murals of Cuba too. It's small - may be 10 tables, located in downtown Concord. Also, has a variety of homemade Cuban desserts. I couldn't eat dessert because of the generous portions at dinner. Located behind The Bead Lady, we parked in the parking garage/deck just past the restaurant on the right and it was just a short walk back to the restaurant. Wish it was open a little later on some week nights!! They also have breakfast and lunch (including Cuban sandwiches) but we haven't been able to try an earlier time yet.

• Visited March 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Raleigh, North Carolina
“This was authentic Cuban food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

I'm Cuban and I live in Raleigh. I really hate it sometimes b/c I was raised eating authentic Cuban food. Cuban food should not be expensive like Carmens or pre-cooked like Havana Grill in Car and it should NEVER be like Cuban Revolution in Durham which is probably the worst Cuban place ever (Pseudo-Cuban)
When I walked in to Havana Carolina Cafe they were playing Orchesta Aragon and I knew I had hit a home run. I ordered a roast pork sandwich and and empanada and it was fantastic. I almost forgot I was in Concord. The owner was so nice. We talked a bit and he gave me some guava pastelitos and made me a great cup of cafe. I was so set. I returned the following day and had lunch again and took home some real Cuban bread. The owner said think of me when you have breakfast Sunday and I sure did. I wished that they were in Raleigh and not Concord. Do yourself a favor and have lunch at this place then walk around the quaint downtown area.

• Visited October 2011