“Great place!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Wingate by Wyndham Concord

You added Wingate by Wyndham Concord to your Saves list
Wingate by Wyndham Concord
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7841 Gateway Lane NW, I-85 exit 49 Bruton Smith Blvd, Concord, NC 28027   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in Concord
Spotsylvania, Virginia
“Great place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

First time staying in Concord. Great location to stop and the rooms are clean. None smoking hotel which is a plus. Continental breakfast includes bacon and eggs and much more. Highly recommend! We plan to to make this place a great stopping point back to Virginia.

• Stayed January 2013
Jeffrey V, Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Concord, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
I am so glad you found us. Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to review your most recent experience at Wingate by Wyndham Concord. The staff takes great pride in providing all of our guests a clean comfortable room, friendly staff, all at a reasonable price. The hotel being close to everything from shopping to eating we are a destination location. I appreciate your business and we will see you the next time you are passing through Concord, NC. Happy New Year.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Hendersonville, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I have never been to a better motel than Wingate by Concord Mills near the Lowes Motor Speedway. Everything was high quality and enjoyed our stay. The hot breakfast and evening lunch were as good as it gets. The beds were very clean and comfortable. Will definitely go again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Jeffrey V, Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Concord, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to review my property. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you the next time you are in Concord. Your business is truly appreciated.
Bakersfield, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

We spent a weekend at this Wingate. Overall a very good experience, but such really strange contrasts. Part of staff was friendly and fun, but a part of the staff was not the friendlist, but tasks were accomplished efficiently. The business center and fitness areas were great.

The rooms were clean and comfortable, but housekeeping was very hap-hazzard. I've never stayed in a hotel that left cold-coffe cups on the table. This happened two different nights, it was like my room was given a "lick and a promise." There must have been a change in staff because the third day, you could really see the difference in the condition of the room.

There were a couple large groups with children that stayed and the kids were running in and out of the hotel, which the night manager, put a stop to about midnight. Once he was involved, things got quiet.

The hot breakfast was very good and the breakfast area was kept clean and tidy. Odd that there was no tray for dirty glasses or other place to leave them except on a counter or table.

The trash can was never emptied in the meeting room that we used. There was a young man who was good to help if you asked for something most of the time, but appeared that his primary job was to sit in the lobby and keep the chair warm. When he was asked about a screen for a projector, he said that "well, he would have to go to the other hotel to get it". It appeared to be such a problem, we told him not to worry.

There was a horrible order in the restroomn area by the meeting rooms the entire time we were there. Not sure if it was because the ladies restroom was never cleaned and trash cans not emptied there either, or the p-traps needed hot water, or just to mop the floor with a bit of bleach. Chairs used in the larger meeting room were in a bad need of wiping down with a damp rag. The legs were dusty and dirty. It is a nice property, but to continue the slipshod maintanence will eventually catch up with the appearance of this hotel.

Overall I did enjoy my staff - just such contrasts.........

Room Tip: Don't stay on the first floor.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Jeffrey V, Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Concord, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
I wanted to first thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your most recent stay at the Wingate by Wyndham Concord Mills. I read the entire review and was really concerned how both my staff and the consistency of the housekeeping staff dropped the ball. I am thoroughly embarrassed and hope you accept my dearest apologies. I immediatley printed out your review and sat down with the Executive Housekeeper and let him read it and we discussed how we could have done better. I have a lobby attendant who is responsible to empty the trash cans in the meeting rooms and assist our guests. He is scheduled from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00pm. I am not sure if the gentleman sitting in the lobby was asked for the screen during the time he was working. I have made it perfectly clear that our number one responsiblity is to make sure our guests are taken care of, no matter what it takes. This is the same philosophy for all employees in every department. On a positive not, I am glad you enjoyed the full hot buffet breakfast and had a chance to use the business and fitness center. I really love to hear feedback from our customers. It makes us better at what we do. Thank you so much for your business it is truly appreciated.

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Concord? Share your experiences!