“Great Hotel Superior Guest Service” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #9 of 24 Hotels in Concord
Asheville
“Great Hotel Superior Guest Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

We stayed at this hotel when traveling to concord Mills for a shopping trip. Staff is fabulous. FD staff, Housekeeping staff, Breakfast lady, and Maintenance gentleman went beyond the call of duty to make us feel welcome. Room was spacious and very clean. Every associate that we walked past spoke with a smile on their face.

Hotel is older but has been taken care of and kept very clean.General manager was visiting with guests during breakfast hours. I was impressed and will definately stay at this property.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2011 via mobile

I went to the Coke 600 and arrived at about 1230 that night. I had 2 rooms and arrived to find out that they sold one of my rooms. I got into a big argument with the receptionest he was rude and was a smartass my problem was not solved and I will never stay there again. I recommend that no one stay there

• Stayed May 2011
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2010

Check-in was smooth and the front desk attendant was very nice. Our first room was a standard King and upon entering, it had a stale hotel smell and was very small which prompted us to ask for a larger room. The 2nd room also had a stale hotel smell as well. I wrestled with the decision to stay or to go for a long time. The room was clean but it was old...old furniture, old smelling carpet, old tv, old everything...I was expecting to see bugs but thankfully there were none. This hotel needs to seriously renovate - it made me feel like I was at the Bates Motel not a Marriott property... We had no real problems at all, we just didn't like the smell and the room was not up to our standards. The breakfast in the morning was terrible. The eggs offered were the absolute worst I have ever tasted anywhere. I will never return to this hotel.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
MD
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2010 via mobile

I've never experienced such rude and obnoxious people in my life. First the desk clerk decided that he didn't want to honor my reservations. Then for some reason changed his mine after HE cancelled my reservation, which caused ME to incur a cancellation fee. I specifically asked if this would happen and was told by two different clerks that it wouldn't but sure enough days after i'd checked out I received their little gift in the form of a fee. All and all the experience was so horrible that I decided to cut my stay short and check into the courtyard by marriott just a mile away.

• Stayed September 2010
Kickapoo, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2010

The beds are wonderful, not like you find in many hotels. Everything was clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The hot breakfast was hot waffles, sausage and some kind of egg but nothing special. I've had better. However, there was enough to fill me up. Coffee was good. Plenty of restaurants close by. I'll stay there again next time I'm in the area. I'll also recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

I chose this hotel because of its proximity to the Verizon Wireless Ampitheatre, and it was the perfect location. There is shopping as well as tons of restaurants within walking distance. The check-in process went smoothly. The room was clean (although the bathroom was definitely in need of some refinishing). Beds were comfy. Unfortunately, I didn't ever make it to the continental breakfast, but I heard it was good. All in all, I was very satisfied.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2009

Notice! This is a busy, busy hotel and shows the wear. Concord Mills is across I85 and Charlotte Motor Speedway is 10 minutes away. If you're anxious to go to either, this is the place to be. Otherwise, look somewhere else. We had a king size bed suite (?) that was very awkwardly configured. We've used the Marriott Fairfield 5-6 miles north off I85 and it's a much better bargain and the room with the king sized bed and sofabed has a lot more room and has the same amenities. All in all, ok, but wouldn't use again.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to SpringHill Suites Charlotte Concord Mills Speedway? Share your experiences!