“Great Wolf Lodge Indoor Water Park should have a disclaimer on web site for winter use.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Great Wolf Lodge

You added Great Wolf Lodge to your Saves list
Great Wolf Lodge
3.0 of 5 Lodge   |   10175 Weddington Road, Concord, NC 28027   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

The Great Wolf lodge Indoor park is only available with a nights stay. We paid $210 for one night, the cheapest room. But the room was very nice. It included using the water park from 1 PM the day of arrival to 8 PM the day of departure. The room is from 4PM to 11 AM. Since they have lockers ($10) we figured that was not a problem. We drove 6 hours to get there and stayed the second night in a nearby hotel.
We took our 4 and 8 yr old grandsons. The area was 84 degrees which is nice and warm while dry. The air is very dry and felt colder. Our grandsons only lasted 2 1?2 hrs the first day and one hour the next morning. Not worth the money...at all. They were cold. And the wave pool, which was their favorite hurt their feet. The 4 year old was freezing and the 8 year old couldn't walk the next day. It was fun for them a very short while. They enjoyed the wave pool, pool and kiddie pool. The 8 yr old went down one of the slides once and went with grandma and grandpa once each on a ride with a rubber boat(Canyon Run)
Except for Story Time, Great Clock Tower show, and Cub Club hour, activities are an extra charge. And we did not know about the Cub Club. It is difficult to get any prices for all the extra activities so I don't know to tell you.
This would be more suited for adults or teenagers unless you want to spend most of your time and money on the extra activities.

Room Tip: The cheapest room was very nice. No complaints on the room
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

My family had a great time on a post Christmas getaway to GWL with some friends. The rooms are clean, the kids love the bunk bed jn their own space with their own tv, the water park is a blast... Onky complaint is that we ate a the restaurant and while the food was surprisingly good the service was terrible even though we were one of two families in the entire place! It was even worse when we had breakfast.... The food was good but the service was just awful!! We still look forward to out next trip there, we'll just eat off property.

• Stayed December 2012
Wentzville, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

We spent Christmas there this year with our 6yr old daughter and had so much fun she now wants to have her birthday there too! It is expensive, but really worth it! There are lots of restaurants nearby if you don't want to pay the high prices to eat in the resort (the food isn't worth the price in the resort). If you go during a holiday, you will have to eat in the resort, as all restaurants in the area close, so plan accordingly. All of the staff members were so friendly and helpful and there is so much to do that you will fall into bed exhausted every night! When we go again, we will bring breakfast cereal, our Keurig ($100 for breakfast was outrageous!) as well as some snacks to stash in the room with us. My daughter loved the Magiquest and it will definitely get you some exercise, but you have to pay for a wand ($15ish) and the game ($15) separately. We did the Pup-Pass for my daughter, but probably would pass on it next time...it was good to get familiar with what they have, but now would probably just focus on the things she liked the best. The waterpark (as well as the arcade the rest of the resort) was great and we were pleasantly surprised at the cleanliness and condition of everything...especially taking into consideration how many kids were using everything...all the time! We had a wonderful time and plan to go again. Our family highly recommends the Great Wolf Lodge...what a blast!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

This entire place is set up for fun for kids. We were there with our almost 2 year old granddaughter and she loved the waterpark (which had an area dedicated for smaller kids). The water was a good temperature, and there were lifeguards everywhere. The entire waterpark was spotless and the staff were helpful. She also liked the story time they had and even did OK in the gameroom (a little small to really like it).
This is not a huge waterpark, so bigger/older kids may get bored after a day or two. We spent 2 nights (3 days) and that seems to be enough for the adults ... my granddaughter could have stayed forever.
The rooms are spacious and again, make to make a family stay comfortable.

Southeast US
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

After reading TONS of reviews about Great Wolf Lodge, I had really debated on deciding to give this trip to my 9 year old for her birthday. Most of the complaints seem to be centered around the really high cost of the rooms, meals, and extra activies and I just have a really hard time forking over bales of money to a place that is trying to squeeze every dime they can from me- Most of us just work too hard for our money to be squeezed like turnips just to have a good time. While looking at the suites, I initially got caught up in the kid cabin suite b/c of the bunk beds and extra TV. However, when I booked, I opted for the family suite for our family of 5 since this was our first trip and we were only staying for 1 night (and the kids didn't really know about the other rooms anyway). The room had 2 queen beds and then a half wall that divided the sleeping area from the sitting area, which contained a sleeper sofa. That turned out to be plenty of space. The TV was positioned in a way that it could be viewed from both areas, and as other reviewers have pointed out the rooms with 2 TVs have them placed so close together that they compete with each other for sound. So I was glad I made this decision. I didn't feel like our kids were missing anything. We did not spend any money on food at the lodge. I had read too many negative reviews about how bad the food is and how expensive it was. We had chic-fil-a for lunch before we arrived, checked in and hit the water park until 8. We skipped story time b/c our kids our older and from the reviews it appears quaint and cozy on the website but a lot of people see it as a waste of time. We headed out to five guys which is just across the street and had the best burgers and fries (we were stuffed- the servings are huge!) for $40 instead of spending the $75 at the lodge for a mediocre buffet. After we ate, we came back to the room where we had my daughter's birthday celebration with cake and gifts. The room has a refrigerator and microwave so I had brought sandwich and snack items, soda, juice etc. to keep in the room and this worked out great as a vending soda is $2.50 a drink. Check out is at 11:00 so we had breakfast in the room which consisted of PB&J's- something a little heavier than our nromal breakfast just to tide the kids over while they were playing hard in the park, then checked out and headed to the water park. We played until the kids got hungry (around 4) then showered and left, hitting a much cheaper restaurant after leaving the lodge. All in all, we were able to just enjoy spending time together and using the water park. Spending just 1 night, there really wasn't any time left to participate in other activities. Had my kids started getting bored with the water park, I might have chosen to let them play majiquest b/c they already have wands or visit the arcade, but there really wasn't any time so it's pointless to try to take advantage of everything they offer at the lodge and spend an astronomical amount doing so as long as the kids are happy doing the slides. I also packed a small lung bag type cooler with snacks, water and juice and stuck it in my swim bag with our towels. I was discreet with our snacks but I noticed a lot of other people doing the same thing. So as long as you don't come in sporting a big cooler or draw a lot of notice, you can get away with bringing in your own snacks to the park. I didn't check out the snack bar prices b/c we weren't buying from there-I'd much rather give my child a healthy banana than spend $6 on a chicken strip basket. Also, your credit card info. is contained on your water park bracelet so there is no need to bring wallets/purses into the waterpark, If you need to buy something, you can just scan your bracelet and that is your room key as well. I brought cheap beach towels and we wore old shorts and t shirts into the park b/c I didn't want to spend money on a locker rental ($9!!?) and one of us was usually with our bag anyway. I didn't really take anything in that would be horrible if it went missing but if you have expensive camera equipment, phones etc a locker is probably the better option.
Our room was clean and comfy- I brought my own pillow. We were on the 4th floor which was nice b/c it had high ceilings and no noise above us. There was only a small majiquest area there and it was near the lobby so I never heard any noise from kids playing games. The service was good, but I didn't have any issues that really required management. The elevators were a little slow with so many people using it, but we are a pretty active family so several times we opted for the stairs anyway, which wasn't a big deal to us. All in all, it was a great trip. I got out with spending only our room cost other than the in room snacks and our meals outside of the lodge - which we normally eat out 1 to 2 times anyway during the weekend. It was still expensive, but I came out much better than a lot of people and I was able to really enjoy my trip b/c I didn't have to think about $$ the entire time. I came away with no regrets-just a good time.

Room Tip: Our room had a great view so ask for a room that does not overlook the parking lot if that's imp...
Sullivan's Island, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

The great Wolf Lodge is definitely worth going to at least for a day. I would recommend a hotel right outside the lodge instead of staying at the lodge if you're on a tighter budget. the rooms seem to be fun for the kids but overall are actually basic hotel rooms with a small room for the kids that Does not have a door, but the children seem to love it. I recommend getting there about 1 o'clock spending the night and then spending as much of the day there as you can the next day and then going home. I'm not sure if you have to stay at the lodge to be able to play there more than one day.

• Stayed January 2013
Mooresville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

This place is awesome me and my family live about 30 minutes away from this place but it still feels like a vacation. It is a little pricey however; to us it is well worth it. We have went since my daughter was 2 and she loved it then as much as she loves it now at 5. If you have kids the kids rooms are worth staying in. It made my daughter feel special that she had her own special bunk bed and tv to watch what she wanted. The staff is always friendly and we can tell how much they enjoy the company of all the children. The water park is great for the kids but also adds a lot of fun for the adults. Magiquest is great for kids of all ages. Even me and my husband enjoy that. The arcade is great and so is the restaurant. The food is a bit pricey but still amazing. Story time is great to get the kids ready for bed although most stay up playing magiquest but hey its vacation time right. We have stayed in almost all the types of rooms there. The jacuzzi suite is nice for a couple but not necessarily good for family. The family suite is awesome for a family on more of a budget. Every room we stayed in was very comfortable. Will always love this place. Can't wait to go back :)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Great Wolf Lodge? Share your experiences!