“With different personnel, this would have been fine...” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Sleep Inn Concord

You added Sleep Inn Concord to your Saves list
Sleep Inn Concord
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1120 Copperfield Blvd, I-85 - Exit 60 Dale Earnhardt Blvd, Concord, NC 28025   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #10 of 24 Hotels in Concord
Ridgeway, Virginia, United States
“With different personnel, this would have been fine...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

But, the manager was rude to our entire party, (6 rooms in our party), messed up reservations, and FAILED to let us know ahead of time that the pool was closed, even after we had mentioned we were all traveling with children. I understand, and appreciate, the fact that the hotel was in the middle of remodeling (and the rooms we stayed in were finished and very nice, except for the faulty light in almost everyone's room that flickered all night). However, boxes and chairs were all over the place, in the halls and common areas, and the smell of paint was overwhelming, to say the least. But that pales in comparison to how our party was treated. Apparently this manager has had no customer service training, as she was impatient, rude (even to the point of interrupting a private conversation at one point because she didn't like what was being said), and unwilling to admit she was wrong. Will find another hotel next time I'm there, unless this one has changed owners by then.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
THESALESOFFICE, Director of Sales at Sleep Inn Concord, responded to this review, February 24, 2012
Thank you for your comments and similar concerns as the previous comment. As previously stated I am happy to hear you enjoyed the new rooms and I apologize for the mess during the renovations. I absolutely understand the inconvienance of our closed pool and our manager had no right to pass on to you or your valued group the stresses the renovations are taking on our team and that in fact was her mistake. As a result of Corporate hearing of your concern at checkout a discount has been applied to each of your guests rooms.
Our corporate team would like to welcome you back after our renovations March 2012 so that we may welcome you back with the calm and ease that you rightfully should expect.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Ridgeway, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

Room was clean & the bed comfortable. The hotel was under renovations. We booked 6 rooms with 6 children; the pool was out of order. The manager was very rude and said that she told us when we booked. Since we were traveling with families, the pool was important & we had NOT been told. She said " I'm the manager & I don't make those kind of mistakes" !!! WOW!! She would not offer a discount either, said we could go somewhere else! Due to different arrival times & short notice, we could not move to another place. Unfortunately, the disappointment continued!!
Short in the lights in ceiling,they blinked all night in 2 rooms, towels were small & thin, unmarked wet paint on the wall got on one mom's clothes, paint smell was strong & no fans. Breakfast fare was sub-standard to comparable hotels.
Then, they confused the reservation & cancelled one of the reservations & tried to charge a no-show fee!! Thankfully, corporate stepped in & smoothed things out!

Room Tip: Select another location!! Never had a problem with any of the Choice Hotels before. Would stay in o...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
THESALESOFFICE, Director of Sales at Sleep Inn Concord, responded to this review, February 23, 2012
Thank you for your comments and concerns I am happy to hear you enjoyed the new rooms and I apologize for the mess during the renovations. I absolutely understand the inconvienance of our closed pool and our manager had no right to pass on to you or your valued group the stresses the renovations are taking on our team and that in fact was her mistake. As a result of Corporate hearing of your concern at checkout a discount has been applied to each of your guests rooms.
Detroit, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

I went to Charlotte on a last minute trip right after Christmas. This room was okay for the price. The staff was nice and very helpful with maneuvering around Charlotte and Concord. The room was typical. Nice size bed. There was a sliding door to the bathroom that didn't lock, I haven't seen a door like that in awhile. Nonethless the shower was nice and clean. Free wi-fi access worked fine.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
THESALESOFFICE, Director of Sales at Sleep Inn Concord, responded to this review, January 19, 2012
Happy New Year and thank you so very much for your review. Our location is GREAT and although our hotel is "Not bad" we feel as a property we owe our guest more than that and as a result the hotel is currently under full renovations. I do hope you will visit us again with a claim of GREAT JOB!
Sanford, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

I was there for a dog show in Nov. I found the staff to be very nice and helpful. The room was very clean, and a very nice bed for sleeping. The heater/AC unit was quite and it was the first hotel I stayed in that I was able to get it set just right for sleeping. I will be going back to this hotel next year for the dog shows again. They cleaned my room everyday.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
THESALESOFFICE, Director of Sales at Sleep Inn Concord, responded to this review, December 1, 2011
Thank you so much for your kind review...Just wait until you see what we have in store for you next year. We just began our hotels renovations and you will not even be able to recognize the guest rooms. Make sure you seek out our Pet Package too!
Mancos
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

Save your money on this one and just stay down the street. The staff at the desk is very RUDE. The housekeeping staff like to smile, but not a word of English so asking for anything is a waste of time. I asked the evening desk mgr. for change and was told they could not make change because it was a weekend and they might run out. Why would I think they might prepare for busy weekends ? As for the rooms, very disgusting. The desk chair was very unstable and I had to place a towel on the seat before sitting due to the stains. The shower had mold on the ceiling and had not been cleaned in years. I was forced to stay in a smoking room which had cigarette burns on the bed spread, drapes, carpet and bathroom sink. Breakfast was a joke. Don't waste your time or money on this one.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else !
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
THESALESOFFICE, Director of Sales at Sleep Inn Concord, responded to this review, November 11, 2011
There is never an excuse for rude service and I sincerly apologize for this. Our renovations are overdue as our hotel is a heavy transient hotel. We are happy to announce that although the recession has been difficult we are beginning our renovations Nov 20, 2011. This will include new carpets, paint, furniture and bedding. I ask that you please return to the hotel at the new year and welcome your honest feedback about our newly trained staff and our beautiful newly renovated guest rooms.
Murphy, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

The staff at the front desk was kind and considerate but you are only there for 10 minutes. The rest of the time you are in your room and that is where things feel apart. I could not keep a stable wireless Internet connection and there was no ethernet port. There was black mold in the shower and there was 1 inch of caulk around the base of the toilet which rocked when you sat on it. The hallway smelt like cat urine, the AC did not work well and there are some other things that I won't even go into. The location happened to be good for my purposes but I will not stay there again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for the kind comments about the staff and location. You are correct our renovations are overdue as our hotel is a heavy transient hotel. We are happy to announce that although the recession has been difficult we are beginning our renovations Nov 20, 2011. This will include new carpets, paint, furniture and bedding. I ask that you please return to the hotel at the new year and welcome your honest feedback about our beautiful newly renovated guest rooms with the same great service and location
Stuart, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2011

Nice place to stay. This was our second time staying here to attend the Drag Races at ZMax Raceway. Not too far away but just far enough to avoid the higher rates if we had stayed closer. Very friendly staff and very helpful. They gave us a great tip for dinner and a coupon to help sway our decision. Would definitely stay again. The women at the front desk were always friendly and always smiling.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
THESALESOFFICE, Manager at Sleep Inn Concord, responded to this review, September 23, 2011
We love hosting guests who love racing! We are thankful for your kind review and most important your return visit! We have just added an excellent racing package be sure to look in to this during your next visit to Concord. We wish you a very safe journey home to sunny Florida...

Been to Sleep Inn Concord? Share your experiences!