“What a terrible joke” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Columbus
Rockland, Maine
“What a terrible joke”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

I have stayed at some terrible places but this was up there in the worst catagory. Attitude of staff is terrible. When I told them that the bathroom toilet didn't work, the manager turned to the other girl sitting there and spoke spanish. Never said anything to me like I am sorry. Last time I checked, North Carolina is in the USA. Speak English and learn some manners. Stear clear.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Clarence Center, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011

My daughter and I stayed here after some college tours, we were booked for four nights so we could check out the area. We ended up leaving early and losing our money because we prepaid but we just wanted out.It's really slight above a truck stop with all the noise and trucks that come and go. It felt very uncomfortably security wise the room wasn't to bad though my daughter complained of feeling like she was being bitten by bugs in her bed and had to wear her sweats to bed.The rooms open to the outside and the maid walked in without knocking while we were changing so be sure to put out you do not disturb sign while there. you will hear everyone's shower in the morning like it's in your room and some start at four AM. It has everything you would need to spend the night if you had to.

Room Tip: difficut getting luggage to second floor rooms
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

Knowing the Inn might be full during the Blue Ridge BBQ and Music Festival this weekend, I reserved a king bed mini-suite online on December 1, 2010 and received an email confirmation from Days Inn for the room at the rate of $90 per night plus tax.

When I changed the reservation on the Days Inn site from 3 nights to 2 on May 23, I received another confirmation for the same room, same price -- $90 per night plus tax.
The night before my arrival, I called the Inn and was assured that my reservation was in order.

When I arrived the next afternoon, the owner/manager refused to honor the price that Days Inn had confirmed not once but twice. Showing him the confirmation forms with the price of $90 per night made no difference. Instead he quoted me a price of $125 per night plus tax and said I would have to work out the difference with Days Inn. When I contacted Days Inn Customer Service I was told that I need to work out the problem with the owner/manager.

If you go to the Days Inn web site right now and try to reserve that same room at that Inn, you'll see that the average rate quoted is $80.00 per night. I was a vendor at the festival this weekend and know that a number of other vendors said the owner/manager did the same thing to them -- jacked up their prices without notice after their reservations had been made.

I will not give my return business to an owner who treats his customers like this, and I will be greatly disappointed if Days Inn Corporate doesn't find some way to refund the difference.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Savannah, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2010

This hotel was just gross. It was a smoking room so we expected it to smell like a smoker had stayed in it the night before or many nights before but it smelled like an overflowing ashtray in a really bad bar. There were bugs, Water bugs with lots of legs in the bathroom but the worst was the soap in the shower. It was streaked with dirt but it was loosely REWRAPPED in the soap paper so as to look as if it had not been used. That is unacceptable. The little fridge leaked and soaked the rug but that happened while we were there and could have happened anywhere. I told the lady at check out about the soap- no response. I filled out the follow-up survey on-line and got a reply from "Pete" the manager saying he was sorry I didn't have a pleasant stay but to please come back and try them on my next visit. Right, Pete. Can't wait. Start rewrapping that soap right now!

Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Blue Point
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2010

We have stayed at this location many times, The rooms are generally clean, but never spotless or without need of repair. This time there even was someone left over hash brown if the night stand drawer and someones used bar of soap in the shower. if you say something to the manager, he imediately says that the room is up to Days Inn standards and he is sorry it does not meet our standards. The room had everything from claw marks by the door from someones pet to a melted clock radio when someone decided to use it as an ashtray, When I brought it to the attention of the front office, I was asked what did I do to the radio! The personnel at this hotel seem to have a chip on their shoulders rather then helping the customer they rather confront them and argue what a clean room is and how they meet all the days inn standards. Go 20 miles in either direction and you will find a cleaner room at a better rate off I-26

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2009

Nothing special, but good quality, good location, breakfast okay (very weak coffee). Worth a stop if in the area.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2008

We stayed at this hotel overnight on our way to Myrtle Beach, SC. We have a 2 year old, so it is much easier to drive halfway. We wanted to stop outside of Ashville and really had no preference for our hotel, since we were only going to be in it for a few hours to sleep. We checked in at 12:30 am. The parking lot was full of out of state vehicles, so this must be a popular traveler hotel. Our room was $98, a little pricey, but it was clean, quiet and the beds were comfortable. This hotel is right off the interstate, so it is easy to get to and from. The complimentary breakfast is standard, but nice if you are not big on breakfast and eager to get back on the road.

• Liked — Proximity to interstate and cleanliness
  • Disliked — A little pricey for what it was
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Days Inn Columbus/Tryon? Share your experiences!