“Good country food; decor needs cleaning” 3 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Colfax
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Good country food; decor needs cleaning”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Located at the Farmers Market. Good country food. Floors, walls, etc. could stand a good cleaning. Dead flies should be removed from window ledges. On previous visits did not seem as dirty.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Burlington
“Great homestyle cooking and lots of variety”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

This is one of our favorite restaurants, and our "go-to" place when we need comfort food. The veggies are fresh, the servings are big, and the prices are reasonable. Maybe that is why Greensboro voters give it "best in " awards every year. The country breakfasts are just that; you can eat like Paul Bunyan or order a lesser quantity. And, one of our daughter's favorite parts is that chicken casserole, chicken and dumplings, and soups can count as a vegetable when ordering an entrée and veggie plate.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Houston
“disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

I'm afraid I have to agree with some of the more recent reviews about Moose cafe. It was not very good. With the promise of being in the middle of a farmer's market and advertising good Southern cooking, I found the cooking of the vegetables to be heavy handed and nothing special. The food was very disappointing.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Food and decor do not live up to ads and reviews I've read”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

We were there today, a Saturday, at 11:00 a.m. with a group of 10 adults, 7 of whom have disabilities. I've seen their ads on TV but their food and the decor do not deliver as promised. Usually our special group can order from the kids' / seniors' menu, but not at the Moose. Not only were we denied the kids' menu option, they seated us in their back meeting room, which smelled like a urinal cake. Seriously, the place smelled like a men's room. I highly recommend you pass on this place.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“AWFUL”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

This place is the most DISGUSTING place I've ever eaten at. You can hear the managers and owners SCREAMING at all the young female workers. They are running around in a franzy manner trying to help everyone. I've personally heard them cussing at these female workers. The servers were wonderful but I don't know how they work in this environment. And not to mention the flies. I received a glass of water with a fly frozen in the ice cube and on the same day a friend of mine received a broken glass with a chip on the top. The silverware was gross, I asked for 2 different silverware sets and both of them were dirty with dried food. They advertise fresh market food but yet the food was clearly not that. In fact it tasted like canned and frozen food. I advise anyone that if you are thinking about going here, DO NOT.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere