“Customer Service is Dead at this Hotel” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Clinton
Lynchburg, Virginia
“Customer Service is Dead at this Hotel”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

Our travel softball team recently stayed at this establishment and found the worst customer service I have encountered in my life of traveling. after giving this place 9 rooms we were told that they would not open the breakfast area for us to have a team dinner because it was already cleaned for the morning. We were not allowed to gather in the reception area but we were free to pay for the meeting room.....the rooms were not clean to the choice brand standards and one of our teams parents retuned towels that had stains on them....I would rather stay in my car then pay for another nignt at this property.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Clinton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

small town ,no choice but i surprise its very nice and clean motel surrounding area,staff is friendly

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011

There aren't many hotel choices in Clinton, but the Comfort Inn is a decent hotel. The rooms were clean and the bed was comfortable. They have a continental breakfast with a few hot foods (sausage and eggs when I was there). In the room, they only give you shampoo, lotion, and soap - no conditioner. I could have used the conditioner as I only traveled with a small container due to the airline reqs. I think the price of $99/night is a little steep for a Comfort Inn in Clinton which is why I only give it a 3 for "value".

Room Tip: There are only two floors so there is no elevator, so if you don't want to carry your bags upsta...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2010

Hotel worked well for me. It is what it is and that's a Comfort Inn. Room was clean, bed was fine, free Wifi. Checked out the Tar Heel and it looked like it was about to close - permanently. I'd stay again, no complaints. Like others, this is a small town with limited facilities.
Always like a free breakfast especially if it's just coffee and toast. Don't really need any more when your going to be travelling in a car all day.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Monroe, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2010

Good hotel for Clinton, NC. Not much to do in the are, but the hotel in across the street from the local shopping plaza. Wal-mart, Belk, Show Shoe, Cato, etc. Also pretty much in the parking lot of the hotel is a Taco Bell and Bojangles with a McDonalds and Arby's across the street. Breakfast has a waffle maker, but the juice machine was broken the day we went so coffee was the only option for drink. Which was ver disappointing for those of us who dont drink coffee :( Overall friendly staff and very accomdating. Recommend to those passing through town.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Ocean Isle Beach, NC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2009

I guess this is what Tripadvisor is all about, to let others know what to expect. I savor the notion of writting this review and giving these penny pinchers what they deserve. This hotel would go broke if they offered a 100% satisfaction guarantee. I'll mention that I am very well traveled & travel often. I've had the pleasure to write many positive reviews about many very nice places - this isn't one of them. The bad news is that this may be the best this town has to offer. Ironic that the least comfortable hotel I've had in years is named Comfort. Ha.
By 21st century standards this hotel is a 4 (1-10, 10 being best).
Shoddy construction shows - the floor is so uneven you can loose your balance. The worst thing was the beds. Yeah, I was warned by reviews elsewhere, but I figured it was the best in town. Who would even manufacture a bed so horrible? Guess they don't care about repeat business, just how cheap they can buy a bed. I never really heard a bed squeek like in the movies before. So hard I tossed & turned all night. I loaded up the one luggage cart only to find they have no elevator. That's right, 2009 & no elevator. Worse, you have to negotiate fire doors on each side of the stairs. I commented & was told NC law doesn't require them to have an elevator. Ah, so that's their philosophy - the minimum required by law - it shows. Now breakfast was a choice of breads - essentially. My wife said it was the worst breakfast she has seen, I agree. Nothing much there, begals, hard english muffins, some mini powdered dounuts, & waffels......bread. The rooms are clostriphobic - very drab. They did have a micro-fridge. The bath is the absolute minimum size it could be & still have the door just clear the toilet & bath tub. Shower was variable (hot to cold). The bedding was drab & worn, but at least brown to hide the dirt. The window is a dismal hole in the wall & the air cond. made the cheap curtain billow like a sail.
Now, I can put up w/ a bad room in a pinch and I needed to stay in Clinton. After all, how much could a place like this charge? Well folks, these people have delusions of grandeur & they are way, I mean way over priced at 89.00 a night. Geez, I just got back from a trip where I pd. 89.00 for a Hilton Garden Inn ($99 with breakfast for 4). That's like a cadillac compared to a Chevy Vega. Yeah, I know a Vega is out-dated - so is this hotel. I had a couiple of begals here for breakfast.....at the Hilton I had cooked to order bacon, eggs, corned beef hash, good fruit, french toast, etc. .....enough said. Anything over $59 a night is a rip for this place & it's value on todays market is more like $49.
Everything about this property wreeks cheap, budget, minimum necessary. The 2nd floor is a real pain & the 1st is maybe worse because the floors are so poor that you easily hear every step from above. For those who care about demographics, I might add that I didn't see one other white person my entire stay, employee or guest. The location is pretty convenient & the staff was friendly. You too should have a good sense of humor - especially if you try sleeping on these beds. As soon as a nice hotel opens in Clinton this place is toast. PS don't wake up hungrey.

• Liked — maybe better than the other dumps in town
  • Disliked — beds, breakfast
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2006

This is the nicest hotel in town. You have to remember that this is a small town, so be glad that you're surrounded by the Wal-Mart and fast food restaurants. The service here is friendly and dependable. The continental breakfast is good and consistent. The room rates have certainly increased since the hotel first opened, but I guess that's supply and demand. The same owner owns the hotel directly behind this one which is The Inn. They're very similar to one another, so if one is booked, just try the other one. I stay here whenever I return home to visit my folks. They even called my mom to let her know that my toddler left his toy car in the bedroom and held it at the front desk for her. You can't go wrong here and they have a clean pool.

• Stayed May 2006

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!