“Acceptable place to stay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn

You added Quality Inn to your Saves list
Quality Inn
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   6320 Amp Drive, Clemmons, NC 27012 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express Clemmons)   |
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Clemmons
Glen Allen, Virginia
“Acceptable place to stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

On the positive side, the bed was comfortable, the A/C worked well, the breakfast was adequate, afternoon cookies or doughnuts were provided, the microwave and mini-fridge were helpful, and the hotel staff was friendly. On the negative side, the room was a bit small, the bathroom was claustrophobic, the sink drain was extremely sluggish, and housekeeping was inconsistent of the hit or miss variety. Overall the hotel was perfectly acceptable but nothing beyond that.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear VATraveler57768,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to leave us feedback. It is nice to know that our beds were comfortable enough for your visit and the breakfast served was sufficient for your needs. However, I regret that the condition of the bathroom facility and housekeeping were sub standard. Your feedback is very important to us as this continually helps us improve the facilities and guest services we offer to our guests.

Best Regards,

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Charlotte, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Me and my sister stayed here for 2 nights before her wedding and had the worst service from the 1st shift front desk manger. We waited around for 45 min for service. She had a bad attitide and I thought it was just someone having a bad day, but it continued with every encounter. The housekeeping staff was very nice, but did not speak any english, so it was difficult to communicate when I asked for towels. I also called down to housekeeping and went and knocked on the door (which they did not answer) because they did not answer my calls from my room. I asked the front desk if I could pay to stay a few hours longer the day of my sister's wedding and I was told "no". Unbelieveable...so you don't want my money then???? The hallways are dark and hot. There was no A/C or lights on...I guess they wanted to save energy, but first impressions are definetly lasting ones. The room and the bathroom was clean, so that was really what you stay at a hotel for anyway. The breakfast was awful...who cares that it was complimentary. I am from Clemmons and I am very disappointed at this hotel. I would have rather stayed in a motel down the road. The nicest part of this stay was at the end, one of the housekeeping staff ran out to our car with a pair of shoes that were left in our rooms. His courtsey made up for the whole experience, but that 1st shift manager (can't remember her name) needs to take a note from her staff and read up on customer service.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
General M, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your stay with us. We appreciate all forms of guest feedback, positive positive and constructive, and we can certainly learn and grow from both.

I apologize for what appears to be a myriad of unusual issues you experienced while staying with us. It is indeed regrettable to know that we apparently dropped the ball and did not live up to your expectations. It is our ultimate goal to continually exceed our guests expectations on a daily basis, and we can't thank you enough for letting us know when we miss the mark. Rest assured your voice has been heard and action plans have already begun to correct any deficiencies.

I do want to assure you that the hallways are lit 24hrs a day everyday and are temp regulated for our guest needs. Thank you for complementing on the housekeeping staff member who returned your shoes who is the only hispanic staff member we have on our team who speaks both english/spanish fluently.

We hope to have another opportunity to restore your confidence in our hotel property, as well as the Holiday Inn express brand.

Manning, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

They are real nice folks here, acknowledge our status , was short on rooms because of events, but accommodated us very well,My wife and I step out for a few hours and our Bug got a little noisy,Housekeeping took her for a walk and all was good, very clean rooms and hotel commons ,Breakfast was good and the evening Doughnuts was great, I would give them 5 stars ,but they have no guest laundry, but overall i give them a 9

My wife Hope and I and Bug say Thanks!!!

Room Tip: No Laundry, But will stay here every time when in Winston Salem
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
General M, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time in leaving us with such kind words regarding your stay at the Holiday Inn Express Clemmons, NC.

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that you feel you received great service. It's something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback. It was a pleasure taking care of your 'bug' she was no trouble at all. We will be sure to pass your kind words along to our staff. Although we do not have guest laundry we would have been more than happy to assist you with any laundry needs you may have had and i sincerely apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused.

Thanks again for staying with us. As a Priority Club Rewards member, we truly appreciate it.

We hope to see you again soon!

Winston Salem, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Friendly and courteous staff, well maintained facility, minutes from downtown Winston Salem, excellent location. I would gladly stay here again! Thank you Robert and Debra for providing such a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: Speaking with other guests, all the rooms were good.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
General M, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, May 11, 2013
On behalf of my team, I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review of your experience with us at the Holiday Inn Express Clemmons, NC.

We are humbled by your positive remarks pertaining to our staff and mentioning them by name. Your review gives me great joy to read, and really motivates my team for us to continue delivering exceptional service to all of our guests.

Along with my team, thank you for your time and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Gibsonville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

This is my first time posting on Trip Advisor but I had to do it. The Holiday Inn in Clemmons, NC has now been added to my favorite list. The staff was very nice .. but even the hotel Manager (I believe his name is Richard Hicks) works right along with everyone in the hotel to make sure everything is right for You. I couldn't believe it .. but even after unloading my luggage cart at my room on the second floor .. Mr Hicks came by and offered to take my cart back downstairs from the 2nd floor for me. How many hotel Managers ever do this ?? None. I have stayed at Holiday Inn's all the way down the entire East Coast. This has never happened to me. After having stayed there now many times .. I've noticed that he works closely with his employees and he makes positively sure the guest are taken care of. I always drive out of my way if I'm working anywhere near this hotel .. to stay there.

Room Tip: Just tell the staff what you need. They've always put me in a quiet room.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
General M, Owner at Quality Inn, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time in leaving us a review regarding your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express in Clemmons, NC.
Thank you for your heartfelt acknowledgement and for complimenting our team of colleagues for their friendliness, attention to detail, and for recognizing that our professional service team goes above and beyond to roll out the red carpet for our guests. We are also thrilled to read that you go out of your way just to stay with us because of the GREAT service our team provides! This, in itself, is the ultimate goal we are looking for from guests like yourself.

Your kind words are appreciated by all of our team and management that works exceptionally hard to provide the incomparable level of service that our guests come to expect when staying with us. On behalf of my team, we look forward to welcoming you back and hope to exceed your expectations once again!

Amit Patel
Owner
Clemmons, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

This is by far one of the friendliest Holiday Inn Express Every one always has a smile on their face and a friendly hello but the best part is Pam at the front desk she is so helpful and friendly I barely asked for something and she would have it done and even more than I expected Pam is the reason I look forward to returning to this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a non smoking room
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
General M, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear Jose L,

It was a pleasure having you stay with us! Thank you for leaving us such a candid review regarding your stay. Our staff strives to provide the best customer service and i am happy to hear that our Manager on Duty Pam was able to help make your stay with us 100% Satisfactory.

We look forward to you staying with us again in the near future! Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I just stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Clemmons this past weekend while in town to see my grandkids. I have stayed here many times and have always had a great experience. The staff there is awesome and very friendly. They always make me feel at home.Pam from the front desk is amazing.The breakfast is good always and the rooms are clean and fresh. I will continue to stay there everytime I come to town. The GM even took the time to talk to me as well. Great Job!!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
General M, Owner at Quality Inn, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Dear Nancy P,

Thank you so much for leaving us with such a great review. We are happy to hear that you have stayed with us in the past and continue to stay with us when you are in the area. Our staff loves to help create the 'home away from home' experience and i am pleased to hear that they have done that for you! Thank you for recognizing Pam at the front desk and Richard the GM. If there is anything we can do for you please let us know.

I hope your grandkids are all well and that you will stay with us again in the near future on your next visit.

Amit Patel
Owner

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!