“still a gem” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Clayton, NC
“still a gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

Being a 'local' I still continue to go to Skylines Café frequently. The food is still excellent, and haven't had any problem that wasn't immediately resolved by talking to the owner or staff. We enjoy the occasional updates to the menu and the specials are just that... special. I see people noting the slow service, but my answer to that is: you're in the south, everything is slower. Sit back, relax, enjoy being out. If you want fast food there are plenty of chains in the area. We love to sit on the patio when weather allows, the sunsets are gorgeous. Otherwise you can find us at the bar where there is excellent people watching and conversations you are welcome to jump in on. I've tried other restaurants in town, but none compare for me. Even my car prefers the drive to Skylines.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Repeat customers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

My family enjoys going to Skylines at least 4 times a month. Have always had great service and great food. Food is always fresh and hot. Look forward to the crab cake appetizers and the pecan crusted swai.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Pass!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

I've been very skeptical about this restaurant but decided to take a chance on something new and local. Big mistake. As other reviewers stated, the food took a long time to come out. Meanwhile, we were given stale rolls (gross!) to keep us busy. The pub fries were decent but never had them with balsamic vinegar. The food was poor to average: overcooked fish (had to use a knife to cut the salmon, really???), marinara sauce was watery Chef Boyardee, boxed-flavored risotto. The reviewers who rated this place poorly were more accurate. We will never go here again. The staff was very friendly though.

Clayton, North Carolina
“Nice place for lunch or dinner”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Nice restaurant for lunch or dinner. They have very nicely prepared food, and a reasonable variety. There prices are a little higher they warrant and there service is a bit slow.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Clayton, North Carolina
“Worst Birthday dinner ever”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

My party and I arrived at 6:30 on a Wednesday evening to celebrate my girlfriends 40th birthday. After being seated, we were forgotten about repeatedly throughout the evening. The service was awful, with the staff more interested in complaining about changes that management had made. On top of all that, both of the entrees my girlfriend chose for her dinner were unavailable. All in all a totally unacceptable experience. It will be a long time before we'll be back.

• Visited May 2014