“I returned...” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Clayton, NC
“I returned...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

After a previously un favorable review because of service, we decided to return and try it again. The food was very good. Hot, quickly served to our table. The basic soft shell taco, beef burrito, rice and beans were very good, nothing outstanding, but very good. Portion quantities were good. The chips and salsa before the meal was excellent, fresh and not fuego hot. I no longer eat tilapia so I tried a different dish this time. The've expanded their lounge area and it now includes a karaoke singer. We were serenaded with country songs and disco lights with a Spanish accent. I hear the place gets hopping as the night goes on. Good place to bring the family. Oh, the service has improved, they must have a new kitchen staff.

“Very authentic presentation, good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

New to the area, we had a coupon and decided to check this place out. It was a sort of mid-afternoon "lupper" (that's a cross between lunch and supper), so we pretty much had the place to ourselves. I had the carne asada; hubby had a seafood dish. They were very nicely presented and garnished, and the food was quite good. Service was fine as well. What I really didn't like was the experience afterwards when I went outside to my brand new car of less than 36 hours old to find three very obvious scratch marks on my door. Yep, could have happened anywhere. Unfortunately, I burped carne asada when I saw those blemishes. Left a mighty bad taste in my mouth...

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Great Food and service...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

Had an amazing time really great people. The atmosphere is superb I always ask for Jonny as my waiter.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Clayton, North Carolina, United States
“Definitely won't give them my money again.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

I have been to this restaurant twice. The first time (a couple weeks ago) we went there during dinner. Ordered our meals, and my husband and I were both extremely disappointed. The food was extremely bland. The sauces taste cheap and the meal all around tasted like it was all bought from cans or prepackaged food, or a microwave dinner burrito, and there was absolutely nothing to the dinner. We thought it might have been a fluke, so we went to give them a try one more time on Friday night. Even worse than before. I ordered the same meal, only this time, we saw our waiter once when he took our orders and drinks, and not ONCE did he stop by our table to check our drinks or anything until we were nearly done with our meals. I'm not paying over $16 for food that has less flavor that taco bell, and $2 for a drink that never gets refilled. Needless to say, we will never eat here again, and I don't recommend anyone else eat here either. This is not an authentic Mexican restaurant.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Clayton, NC
“Inconsistent service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

The food is very good. The salsa is fresh and delicious. I had the tilapia which was a good size portion. If I was rating this review on the food alone, it would get 5 stars. The restaurant's downfall is the service. The overall quality depends on which server you get and what kind of mood the kitchen help is in. We waited over 30 minutes for our meal. Very frustrating when you see orders being delivered to tables that arrived after you did. I received apologies, but they would not compensate for the inconvenience. i.e. discount price or free dessert.
We might try Festejos one more time. If the service continues as it has been, we will stop patronizing this place.

• Visited May 2013