“Fun hole in the wall!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 72 Restaurants in Clayton
NC
“Fun hole in the wall!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

The Flipside is a fun place to listen to music and enjoy good food! I've eaten here for both lunch and dinner and have always had a great meal! Enjoy outdoor dining on a beautiful spring or fall day!

Visited November 2012

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Slowwwww Service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I have lived in Clayton for 4 years. I have eaten at the Flip Side four times during those 4 years. I keep giving them another shot, but yet again they disappoint me. The food is good for the most part, but even that is not as good as it should be for the price. [$14 for two small crab cakes (that need more meat) on a bed of lettuce.] I am not a regular there ONLY because every time I go there, I get the same slow service. My LAST visit, and this will be my last, was last week. Called in the order to be picked up and was told it would be 20 minutes. I got there at the right amount of time, but my order was not ready. Waited there for 35 minutes to get my entire order, which came out in stages, so some of the food was cold. They did apologize and say they had a large party downstairs but when I called to place my to-go order, they did not tell me that. I will take my money elsewhere.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Clayton, North Carolina
“Good for bar food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I love the flip side for drinks, live music and their hummus is delicious for a healthy snack. My last visit for lunch, I was disappointed with the Beef & Brie sandwich. The description said it came with sautéed onions, but it was red onions and I couldn't even bite through them. The onions in the rings were small and crunchy and tasted like a new change of fryer oil would greatly improve. I will always support them and the staff is great!

Visited January 2013
Raleigh, NC
“Unique place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

Four of us had a good meal in this unique place. It is very small and very casual but serves good food at a reasonable price. I had tilapia with some pasta. I had wanted tilapia with baked apple salsa but they have not served it for months, thougt is still on the menu. Other members of our group had a philly steak sandwich, a hamburger and a steak. All seemed pleased with their order. The menu is varied and deserves a look online.
Service was attentive but spotty and casual. Our salads were late being served and didn't arrive until 2 minutes before the entrees. I had to ask 2 people for spoon for a sauce before I got one.
It gets a high "average" from me.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
New Orleans
“A good, solid road meal, and very good beers.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

On the road. Great bleu cheese burger, tasty Reuben (though a little low on saurkraut). Good fries. The fried green tomatos breading was generic, mass produced type, a downstroke. Does someone mass market fried green tomatoes? Excellent and interesting local microbrew beers available (1 each!). Reasonable prices. Passing through? Try this place!

• Visited October 2012