“I may be biased but I am 100% honest.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Carter Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Chimney Rock
Carter Lodge
You added Carter Lodge to your Saves list
273 Main Street, Chimney Rock, NC 28720   |
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Chimney Rock
Alabama
“I may be biased but I am 100% honest.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

I seriously love staying here. Everything, from the innkeepers, the staff, the view, the rooms, and the area, is just perfect. I am so blessed to be a frequent guest here and I can tell you it is the best!

Room Tip: Every room is great! All have the best view In Chimney Rock. They are all overlooking the river. Y...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Gastonia, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

My son and I stayed here from 7/17 through 7/19/1014. Our stay was very enjoyable.. The room was extremely clean, and the owners were very nice, friendly, and treated us very well. We will keep this beautiful place in mind the next time we travel to Chimney Rock. Beds were extremely comfortable as well.. A great place to relax!

Room Tip: The rooms at the back give you a beautiful view of Chimney Rock and the flowing streams... very plea...
Wrightsville Beach, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Found this lodge a few years ago based on reasonable price for the great location. Have taken my grandchildren there every year since and staying longer each time. Is perfect for singles as well as families since you have access to a lovely back yard with yard swings, grill etc. leads down to the river which isn't to deep to wade in fish and is the first place the children go for some wading and special rock hunting. I love going out of the room early morning to sit out back with a cup of good coffee while enjoying the sunrise and sounds of the water in the river and sound of birds . Such a relaxing, quiet , safe place. The owners are pleasant and so helpful. everything in the rooms are clean and fresh smelling. for the price and a place to stay while you are out enjoying the shops and the very many things in the area to do. can't beat it.

Room Tip: I prefer the room with balcony, same level as parking lot but either would have great view of chimne...
Auburn, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Lovely hosts, great location and an awesome hotel! The hosts are super friendly and the lodge is at a great spot right next to the river. Chimney Rock is a great town and the Carter Lodge is the place to stay! All of the rooms have a view on the river and the chimney rock, and downtown is walking distance away. And free wifi is nice!

Stayed July 2014
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

The Carter lodge is a throwback to the times when life was simpler and motels were a relaxing place to stay. The rooms are clean the beds are comfortable and the balcony overlooking the river was so pleasant. The owner gave us recommendations where to eat and things to do. Really enjoyed our stay and if I return to Chimney Rock will definitely stay again

• Stayed June 2014
Bulls Gap, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

The Carter Lodge is great! Joe (the owner)treats you like he has known you all his life. Rooms are VERY clean and our room,#5, had one of the softest beds I have ever slept in! My wife and I went down to the river which is just behind the lodge and sat on a rock with our feet in the river and just let all our problems float away. It's within walking distance of almost all the stores and restaurants and sits almost directly under Chimney Rock. At night we turned the a/c off, opened the sliding door with just the screen door closed and let the sound of the river lull us to sleep!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

This unassuming hotel has a nice spot overlooking the broad river. Each room has a river outlook and there is a lovely grass area out back to sit in or a path to walk beside the river. The owners were most helpful and there is a choice of upstairs or downstairs rooms, king or queen beds.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Carter Lodge? Share your experiences!