“Best Roasted Tomato Soup!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Description: New, opened on or around 4/18/2010
“Best Roasted Tomato Soup!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

What a perfect place for a quick delicious lunch. My family and I ate here after going up Chimney Rock and it was spot on. I ordered the Cuban and it was great. The House soup in amazing to the point I was slurping it. The pretzel bread is great too and don't leave without getting one of their epic cinnamon rolls.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Rock Hill, Sc, Usa
“Food and service good.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

We enjoyed dinner there. Chicken salad sandwich was good. Tenderloin soup was excellent according to my spouse. They serve breakfast but we thought that the place across the street offered a better breakfast so we never tried Medina's for breakfast.

Visited October 2012
Flat Rock, North Carolina
“Be prepared to enjoy...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

We recently moved to the area and have not found too many restaurants that we came away from saying, "That was delicious, I would go back!" Medina's is a business to which I will definitely return. The food was excellent, the service was prompt and personal. We had dinner on a Friday night and came away fully satisfied. We like quality over quantity, but here we had both. The portion are large enough that we split the meal with added soup and salad and still came away completely satisfied. Because of the local laws, they cannot serve alcohol. However, "brown bagging" is allowed, so if you want wine to complement the meal, remember to bring your own.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Great cinnamon buns!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Stopped by Medina's for lunch while traveling through Chimney Rock this weekend. The food was very good and the cinnamon bun was fantastic. My husband proclaimed it the best he's ever had. The only quibble I had was that the menu had virtually no vegetarian options other than salad. Since the menu is already very simple (sandwiches, salads, soup), it would be very easy to add a couple of simple vegetarian sandwich options. But the salad I had was very tasty, with homemade dressing and croutons. The servers were all very nice, too. We would definitely visit again on a future road trip through the area.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Great local place to eat...a must do!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

The breakfast dish "royal hash" is AMAZING!!! It was definitely the table favorite. The perfect portion, tons of flavor, and a great price! I will definitely go back when I visit Chimney Rock. If you want something sweet, they have one of the best cinnamon rolls I've ever tasted. The atmosphere is quaint and the staff is very friendly. Outside seating available with beautiful views of the mountains!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere