“Western North Carolina hospitality” 5 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Resort   |   910 Main Street, Chimney Rock, NC 28720   |
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Chimney Rock
Certificate of Excellence 2014
comcast.net
“Western North Carolina hospitality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2011

My husband and I stayed at The Esmerelda in just this past week. The hotel was beautiful with it's wonderful wood staircase and home like atmosphere. The staff was very gracious. If you need something extra: just ask them. They are very willing to assist you. The whole area has a wonderful Western North Carolina hospitality. We especailly enjoyed the game roon area on the second floor with great views of Chimney Rock. It is very convienent to all the quaint shopping areas. We will definately recommend The Esmerelda Inn to our friends and family.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
EsmeraldaInn, General Manager at The Esmeralda Inn, responded to this review, July 19, 2011
Thank you for your review. We think of The Esmeralda as home, I'm glad you felt that way as well! This is a lovely area and we're very fortunate to be located so close to the many activities the Hickory Nut Gorge has to offer. The game room is a hit with most of our guests.
I'm glad you had a good time. We look forward to seeing you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Moore, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2011

We arrived for a Father's Day celebration feeling fine. We had dinner and retired to our room for a long, hot shower and we were in bed by 10:00. I woke in the morning with my chest covered in bites, only one showed at my neckline.

When checking out, I told the lady at the desk and showed her the one bite visible out from under my shirt. She said they sometimes had 'spiders' and took $25.00 off my bill. $25.00 for one bite and nothing for the dozen or so under my blouse. When I emailed the owners, they said it got them outside, however, my chest was covered with a blouse and undergarment and I had taken a shower. I went to bed fine and woke with bites-lots of bites

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
EsmeraldaInn, General Manager at The Esmeralda Inn, responded to this review, July 8, 2011
This was an unfortunate situation. We have a 100% cleanliness rating with the Health Department. The room was thoroughly searched for any sign of any kind of bugs and none were found. The $25 was a courtesy. My only suggestion would be to read through our reviews. You'll find we get gold stars for our beds, bedding and the condition of our rooms. There are no bugs in our beds.
Adelaide, South Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2011

We stayed only one night at the Esmeralda Inn on our way to Gatlinburg, we were very impressed with this stop. The rooms are extremely clean and tidy and the bed was very comfortable. We dined at the onsite restaurant and had one of the best meals during our US travels. Make sure you save room for dessert, its definitely worth it. We also took advantage of the recently opened onsite spa, with views of the Inn and surrounding mountains. We highly recommend a stay at the Esmeralda Inn and we'll be staying again in the future.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
EsmeraldaInn, General Manager at The Esmeralda Inn, responded to this review, June 25, 2011
Thank you for your kind review! We love having guests from all over the world. Everyone is enjoying the new Patio Spa area. Relax in a huge Jacuzzi, have a glass of wine and look at great scenery. Sounds good to me!
We are very fortunate to have Chef Sean with us. He takes great pride in making our guests happy! The desserts are the work of our Pastry Chef Johanna. We like to think we have the best Restaurant in the Hickory Nut Gorge. I'm glad you had a great meal.
We look forward to your next trip.
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2011

Just held my parents 60th Wedding Anniversary here and could not have asked for a more perfect venue.. Cocktails were served on the beautiful patio looking up at Chimney Rock while dinner was served in the cozy and charming restaurant. Rooms were so comfortable with wonderful bed linens and views of the mountains. The setting of the Inn is beautiful and the SERVICE was spectacular. Due to a storm we had no power for the duration of the party but the staff managed to pull it off and provided a very memorable night for my parents. Thank you to Doug, Christin and especially chef Sean for an outstanding weekend!!!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
EsmeraldaInn, General Manager at The Esmeralda Inn, responded to this review, June 27, 2011
Thank you for your kind review. It was such a pleasure having your group with us. And thank you for your patience with the power outage! We have a great staff. All of our people are dedicated to giving our guests the best service possible. The Esmeralda is a special place. We are so fortunate to be in this beautiful setting, even with the storms!
I'm glad we could be a part of your celebration and make it a night to remember for your parents.
Please come and stay with us again soon!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2011

We were in the Lake Lure area visiting friends. We ended up staying in the area an extra night, but weren't sure where to stay. We looked at The Lodge on Lake Lure, but we were dressed in jeans and I wasn't feeling real "well-to-do" - it was beautiful but rooms were about $250 a night. We were ready to "drive by" the Esmeralda, but I told my husband to turn around. There was a couple sitting outdoors by a fire pit, and the grounds were beautiful....it was dusk, and you could hear the water flowing in the water across the street. Our "queen' room, was not big, but had a nice view, and was very clean. Room was $135, but we got a AAA discount. Bed was comfortable. We had brought a bottle of wine, and sat outdoors with the other couple by the little fire they had made. All we needed was marshmellows! There was a nice in ground whirlpool there in a natural setting that I might've gone in, but was a bit tired. It was wonderful to look up at the mountains, and Chimney Rock, and to walk around and see the flowers that were blooming.....it's been a wonderful year for hydrangea apparently. We didn't have breakfast there, choosing to go to Jenny's in Chimney Rock, which was nice sitting in the back on the river, but the food was just OK.....I really can't abide those biscuits and gravy! Oh, and the internet service was perfect!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
EsmeraldaInn, General Manager at The Esmeralda Inn, responded to this review, June 24, 2011
Thank you for your great review! We're glad you found us. I'm glad you enjoyed the Patio/Spa. We just recently opened that area. I guess we'll have to start stocking marshmallows!
We're an Inn, not a hotel chain, so our rooms are not huge, but we have great public spaces for our guests to enjoy! You found the Patio area. We also have the Lounge/Game Room on the 2nd floor with it's pool table, foosball, large screen TV and board games. The Deck and Porches are lovely places to hang out and enjoy the sound of the river and the view.
We hope you'll come back and stay with us again. If you enjoyed the Hydrandeas, come in the spring when all the trees are in bloom!
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2011

The Esmeralda Inn was an unexpected gem in Chimney Rock. Everything is top-notch - from the service, to the the dining and the unbelievably comfortable beds. It was the perfect spot to spend a couple of days outside of Asheville and right near Lake Lure on the way to Raleigh. Rustic luxury.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
EsmeraldaInn, General Manager at The Esmeralda Inn, responded to this review, June 21, 2011
Thank you for taking time to write a review. It's hard to beat our location. We're just far enough from Asheville, Charlotte and Greenville to feel like you've run away from home, without having to drive very far! We get a lot of compliments on the beds. They are wonderful! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Please come back soon!
Concord, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2011

The Esmeralda Hotel had a Bed and Breakfast feel that the entire family could enjoy. The rooms were comfortable and we enjoyed the common areas for playing games and just hanging out. The owners and staff were also very friendly and accomodating. The location, near Chimney Rock and Lake Lure was perfect. We plan to return.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for your review! It's great when families come to stay with us. We have the game room, which kids really enjoy. And now, the patio and Pacuzzi area for the parents to relax in, completes the picture! There is so much for families to do in the area. The Lake Lure Beach and the Boat Tours are family friendly. Close by, there's horseback riding, canoeing and ziplines for the adventurous.
I'm glad you had a good time. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Been to The Esmeralda Inn? Share your experiences!