“Appreciation of Retro” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pink Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cherokee
Pink Motel
You added Pink Motel to your Saves list
1306 Tsali Boulevard, Highway 441 North, Cherokee, NC 28719   |
Ranked #4 of 27 Hotels in Cherokee
Avera, Georgia, United States
“Appreciation of Retro”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

We stayed there in the Summer of 2012. Very Nice Retro Motel, its like going back to the late 1950's or early 1960's. They welcome pets which is a blessing. Mostly older couples are very friendly guests and staff. Very clean, shopping within walking distance and dining within walking distance. Picnic tables, porch along the stream. The room has a sunken tub. The only other thing it needs is safe access to the stream and it would be prefect.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Indian Trail, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

The Pink Motel is very dated.,but its clean and Ilove sitting out back and listening to the water running down the river.The ladies that run this place are so sweet , we love Ms. Faye that is usually at the front desk,and the other ladies are always so helpful.We would not stay anywhere else .We love this place, but if you are looking for a new up dated place this place is not for you ,But we are totally happy staying here!!!!!! Can,t wait for spring time when they will open again !!!!!!

Room Tip: Always get the room on the lower end, its not as busy down there
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Lynchburg, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

In town Saturday for concert at Cherokee Indian Fair. Didn't want to drive back over the mountain, after concert. Pink Motel was one of only two pet-friendly locations in Cherokee. $98 included $10 pet fee and Saturday night special event rates. I understand others in town charge comparably or more. Could have remained at nicer chain motel in Pigeon Forge for $59 with no pet fee. Older, but extremely well preserved/clean with a tiny carpet fray here and there. Wish I could get the shower grout that clean in my old house. Relaxing riverfront with chairs to lounge and visit with neighbors on back porch. Badly needs stairs down to river, bank is steep and slick. No WiFi was annoying, having it would not harm the charm of the place one iota.

Room Tip: Room 7 was okay. Comfy king bed. Little carpet fray at door. Few cracked 100% repaired tiles in s...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

Really nice 'retro' motel. Nothing fancy, nothing luxurious but very clean with alot of character and charm. Friendly service and great location. Walking distance to Cherokee museum, restaurants and shopping. Definitely worth the money. Negative reviewers just need to stay at more upscale hotel because we have stayed at several in Cherokee and for the money the Pink motel is a value. Wife and I loved it and the kids had fun !!

• Stayed August 2012
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

This trip was our first and we will be going back real soon. It was very peaceful and everyone one was very friendly. we shall return soon.We were close to good shopping good resturants in walking distance and just had a fine time. We travled from Detroit Michigan and in October plan to revisit this fine vacation area.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Hiram, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

I remember when I was younger, and we stayed in the Pink Motel. It was a very nice atmosphere, and stayed on my mind. So, of course, when we decided to visit Cherokee again we chose the Pink Motel. It brought back all of the childhood memories that I had. I had been reading the reviews just before we went this last time. Personally, I believe that Pink Motel provides a traditional Cherokee visit. It may not be a 5 star hotel, but to me, it is definitely a 5 star motel. The coziness of the rooms, the river right behind you, right in the heart of Cherokee, and the price, I find, is rather descent for the placement. And on top of how amazing the motel itself is, Ms. Faye makes it feel like home. As soon as you walk in to check in, she greets you with a smile, and she does everything in her power to make your stay a pleasant one. My dad has many medical issues, and she very concerned to make sure he was comfortable. Everything about Pink Motel makes me want to go back again and again. I would recommend anyone to stay here. I am very excited to return in the fall, to not only stay in the motel, but to visit with Ms. Faye as well.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Wartburg, Tennessee, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

This is a nice retro motel located on the river in Cherokee. Ms. Faye at the front desk is extremely helpful and accomodating. We have stayed here numerous times for a reasonable price and keep coming back because of the staff. Ms. Molly on the housekeeping staff is very friendly and the rooms are exceptionally clean. Now, if I were to talk to the owner I would recommend that they maintain the charm and quaintness of this property. There are some maintenance issues. Carpets need to be cleaned, Walls painted, wallpaper fixed. Access to the river would be nice. The doors need to be sealed as some let in the outside noise and light. I do have to say that when you ask or report something, Ms. Faye is on the issue right away and gets it resolved. But with that said, I get the feeling that her hands are tied an whoever needs to pay attention to issues, don't they sweep it under the rug. The owners need to make the approprite upgrades to this quaint property. This is prime real estate in the Indian reservation and to throw away business is simply ridiculous. I will be back, but will continue to remind the owner of the lack of pride they have in the property.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 15 which had a king size bed with a brand new refrigerator and table and chairs al...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Pink Motel? Share your experiences!