“Clean, neat, great location and will stay again !!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pink Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cherokee
Pink Motel
You added Pink Motel to your Saves list
1306 Tsali Boulevard, Highway 441 North, Cherokee, NC 28719   |
Ranked #4 of 27 Hotels in Cherokee
“Clean, neat, great location and will stay again !!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

Really nice 'retro' motel. Nothing fancy, nothing luxurious but very clean with alot of character and charm. Friendly service and great location. Walking distance to Cherokee museum, restaurants and shopping. Definitely worth the money. Negative reviewers just need to stay at more upscale hotel because we have stayed at several in Cherokee and for the money the Pink motel is a value. Wife and I loved it and the kids had fun !!

• Stayed August 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

This trip was our first and we will be going back real soon. It was very peaceful and everyone one was very friendly. we shall return soon.We were close to good shopping good resturants in walking distance and just had a fine time. We travled from Detroit Michigan and in October plan to revisit this fine vacation area.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Hiram, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

I remember when I was younger, and we stayed in the Pink Motel. It was a very nice atmosphere, and stayed on my mind. So, of course, when we decided to visit Cherokee again we chose the Pink Motel. It brought back all of the childhood memories that I had. I had been reading the reviews just before we went this last time. Personally, I believe that Pink Motel provides a traditional Cherokee visit. It may not be a 5 star hotel, but to me, it is definitely a 5 star motel. The coziness of the rooms, the river right behind you, right in the heart of Cherokee, and the price, I find, is rather descent for the placement. And on top of how amazing the motel itself is, Ms. Faye makes it feel like home. As soon as you walk in to check in, she greets you with a smile, and she does everything in her power to make your stay a pleasant one. My dad has many medical issues, and she very concerned to make sure he was comfortable. Everything about Pink Motel makes me want to go back again and again. I would recommend anyone to stay here. I am very excited to return in the fall, to not only stay in the motel, but to visit with Ms. Faye as well.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Wartburg, Tennessee, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

This is a nice retro motel located on the river in Cherokee. Ms. Faye at the front desk is extremely helpful and accomodating. We have stayed here numerous times for a reasonable price and keep coming back because of the staff. Ms. Molly on the housekeeping staff is very friendly and the rooms are exceptionally clean. Now, if I were to talk to the owner I would recommend that they maintain the charm and quaintness of this property. There are some maintenance issues. Carpets need to be cleaned, Walls painted, wallpaper fixed. Access to the river would be nice. The doors need to be sealed as some let in the outside noise and light. I do have to say that when you ask or report something, Ms. Faye is on the issue right away and gets it resolved. But with that said, I get the feeling that her hands are tied an whoever needs to pay attention to issues, don't they sweep it under the rug. The owners need to make the approprite upgrades to this quaint property. This is prime real estate in the Indian reservation and to throw away business is simply ridiculous. I will be back, but will continue to remind the owner of the lack of pride they have in the property.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 15 which had a king size bed with a brand new refrigerator and table and chairs al...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Chapel Hill NC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

It was almost $100 including tax to stay a night at a place with a trailer park vibe. Don't go if you want some decent sleep without secondhand smoke. (For that matter, given the somewhat dumpy vibe of the town you may want to stay outside Cherokee altogether.) Having a non-smoking room doesn't help, as they are not all clustered together and the doors are not even close to being airtight. Many smokers were in the backyard, including a family which took over many of the plastic chairs in the back including the chairs designated for our room. The bathroom had no ventilation fan to alleviate the situation.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Jasper, Georgia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

the ppl were nice for a room i was told that was 40.00 than its a 100.00 to high for this place for 40 this place would be ok there is no closet an the water didnt work good the toilet didnt flush it smelled an there was no pool i was told they had one at the hotel next door the hotel was cheaper next door i well never be back had ppl trying to get in my back door ppl were up an yalling tell 3am could not sleep 10 are even 11pm is a good time to stop being so loud come on the ppl there did nothing about it got in to it with some kids trying to brack in to my room it was not worth a 100.00 was sh****

Room Tip: run they all suck
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Charleston SC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012 via mobile

Based on great reviews we looked at room 20 and decided not to stay. It was clean but very worn out - in places wall paper was taped to the wall and the beds looked like they sloped back to the wall. The doors had serious gaps around the doors. We were disappointed because we hoped to stay on river and love the idea of a classic motel. The staff was polite it just needs some renovations. There is a steep drop down to the river - I don't think our little dog could have made it.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Pink Motel? Share your experiences!