“Enjoyed our stay....” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Newfound Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cherokee
Newfound Lodge
You added Newfound Lodge to your Saves list
1192 Tsali Boulevard, Highway 441 N., Cherokee, NC 28719   |
Ranked #12 of 27 Hotels in Cherokee
“Enjoyed our stay....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2004

The rooms are good sized, clean and nice. We especially loved our deck overlooking the river. The weather was pleasantly cool in the evening and it was nice to have a porch to sit on and enjoy.

• Stayed June 2004

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2003

We have stayed at Newfound Lodge many times over the past 23 years and enjoyed every single visit. Have never had problems w/ staff or management. It is clean, quiet, afforadable and quite pleasant; within walking distance to food, etc. Would recommend it to anyone

3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2003

A nice quiet place to stay with places to eat being no problem. Always left plenty coffee, towels etc. I would recommend to anyone who whats peace and quiet and don't want to drive somewhere every time you get hungry.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2003

We Have stayed there on several occasions and found the staff has been nothing but careing and most helpful. The rooms are clean and well maintained and the view of the river from the back of the facility is great. I would highly recommend it as a place to stay while visiting the area.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2003

After a night of gambling at Harrahs, we tried to find a hotel and came upon the Newfound Lodge. They had a room for us and it was a nice room, i talked with the lady when we registered at 2 am and asked for a wake up call at 9 so that we could be out by check out time, i finally got a call that woke me up at 1 pm stating that i would need to pay for an extra day since we stayed past checkout, i explained that i had asked for a wake up call at 9 and did not receive one, well the lady said we called and no one answered so we came down and banged on your door and the housekeeping people even came in your room and saw that you were awake. I explained that none of this happend as if they came in the room i would have been able to check out on time. I asked this lady what her name was but she said she would not give it to me, then i asked for the managers name and number she stated that if i called the number she would answer. So i paid for an extra day, $63 so since i paid for an extra day we decided to stay until that lady got off work to leave, so we left at 5 pm. When i went to check out the clerk said that this was not their policy that she could have only charged us half a day and if i would have paid by credit card she would have credited me for this, but since i paid by cash i would have to talk to the manager, she gave me his name and i finally talked to him he stated that he was sorry and that they didn't treat people like this in North Carolina and that he would talk to her and let me know what he could do. Now mind you after a week with no response i called him back and he stated "well you left all the lights on so i am only going to refund you half a nights stay" I understand since i was a little mad when we left we did leave the lights on and i agreed to the half night reinbursement. Well here it is two more weeks and still no reinbursement from this establishment. I would not recommend that anyone stay at this hotel as the management does not care about their guests. I will nevnds, family and co-workers to not visit this hotel as well. All i wanted was to be treated fairly and i have spent more money with all my long distance phone calls trying to get them to do what was right. I hope this helps you make a decision on whether or not to stay at this hotel.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2003

We were looking for a peaceful place to stay in a tourist town, when we found Newfound Lodge. The rates are very reasonable, and the rooms are clean. It overlooks the river, and at night you can enjoy lounging on the balconies to the sound of the river. It's located in the heart of Cherokee on the main strip, yet it is quiet during the night. I would recommend it to anyone...

Been to Newfound Lodge? Share your experiences!