“Very clean room. Good view from balcony. Helpful staff.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 27 hotels in Cherokee
georgia
“Very clean room. Good view from balcony. Helpful staff.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2009

Just returned from staying at Comfort Inn on Tsalagi Rd Cherokee NC on
Friday. Was concerned about hotel from reading reviews. However, we were not disappointed the room was clean bed very comfortable. Had separate sitting room, one sink in hallway and one in bathroom. Had requested balcony on river and this was very relaxing. Desk clerks were very helpful. Continental breakfast room did not have doors that were locked so you could go in anytime.. Had use of the microwave anytime we needed if we had something in room that needed to be heated. Only thing that we could have had extra was fridge. Stayed a week and hope to go back next November.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple

167 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Monroe, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2009

Pros: The exterior has a very New England looking charm to it. Rooms had 2 queens with a separate living area. Balcony overlooking creek. Room has 2 vanities with sinks. One was inside bathroom and the other outside bathroom. Breakfast area was nice with waffles and the regular free stuff.

Cons: None

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Mooresville, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2009

Good location, great room, great view, nice balcony. No internet as advertised, but wireless in the lobby. Room was big, big hill down to the river, peaceful setting. The continental breafast is pretty bare, but the room, pool, view and location cerainly makes up for it. For a mountain property in Cherokee, this is one of the better ones. No elevator, so be sure to request a ground floor room if you can't take the stairs. We did not get the room we requested, but since it was not available we were upgraded. First one we went to had no view with a high wall balcony, but they gladly moved us. Front desk needs a little bit more help with customer service, but overall for Cherokee we were pleased.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Greensboro, Ga.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2009

The room was just okay. The bathroom is really small and the air conditioner seems to stop working at night. Both nights we stayed, we woke up sweating. The front desk clerk that checked me in has got to be one of the rudest I have come across in all my traveling. She never said anything except to "sign here". I probably would not choose this hotel again when I am in Cherokee. The river view was okay. Very far away down a really steep hill. Okay going down but coming up....... The grandkids did enjoy the pool the days we were there, tho.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Springfield, MO
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2009

We stayed in early June, 2009. The promised free "high speed internet access" is a myth. The rooms have no WiFi. The hotel possesses 5 Ethernet adapters and once those have been handed out, you're out of luck. The desk clerk told me I could access their WiFi from the sitting area in the lobby, so I bundled up my laptop and took it there, but was unable to connect. Just as well - they would have kicked me out at 11:00 pm when the night clerk came on duty anyway. If this is the best a place can do for internet access, they have no business advertising that it's available. The hotel also advertised a shuttle to the casino. Turns out it's a shuttle the casino operates (not the hotel) and there was a charge for it. We never saw the shuttle stop at the hotel and ended up driving there ourselves. The room itself was acceptable with a pleasant view of the river out the back. While I wouldn't call it "infested", we did find see small flying insects in the room and some small crawling bugs by the back door that opened to the balcony. The continental breakfast was about a "B-"; overall, this Comfort Inn rates about "C-".

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Monroe, NC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2008

Don't expect to use the internet! Wireless did not work. Front desk clerk said it wasn't working so he gave me a ethernet brdge to use and that didn't work. I'm a Choice Hotels Diamond Elite member and asked for my points back because I could not work from my room and had to now leave early to go back home. The clerk said he'd have to talk to the manager and I asked to have the manager call me on the cell. Instead, the clerk said he called the manager and the manager said to tell me no. He didn't have the balls to call me himself and explain. Merry Christmas! I stay 60-80 times a year in Choice Hotels and this is the worst treatment I've received. Whatever happened to Satisfaction guranteed?

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — Internet
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2008

We had several problems with this hotel. For one, they mixed up our last name with our first name on the reservation so they couldn't find it. Finally they straightened that out. Then when we went to the room, we slowly started realizing that it was crawling with bugs. At first glance, the room looked fine. But then we noticed there were small roaches on the night stand, migrating towards the bed. After a while, I had killed over 2 dozen roaches. My husband wanted to check his work email and the only place the Internet worked was at the front desk, even though "free high speed Internet" was heavily advertised. We were so disgusted by the roaches that we decided to check out and the front desk guy said we wouldn't be charged. We hope that's true and we keep checking our account to make sure.

This place is bug infested so do yourself a favor and stay away!

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — bugs!
  • Stayed November 2008
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Comfort Inn Cherokee? Share your experiences!