“lodging for bike trips” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pageant Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cherokee
Pageant Inn
You added Pageant Inn to your Saves list
739 Tsali Blvd, Cherokee, NC 28789   |
Ranked #13 of 28 Hotels in Cherokee
Ocala, Florida
“lodging for bike trips”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

I have been staying here for several years now for our yearly motorcycle trips. The staff is great and very friendly. It is an older motel but it has always been clean.There was also a fridge in our room. The beds are very comfortable which is important, after a long day on the bikes. The prices are very reasonable. No pool or fitness center, but I come to ride.

Mark the owner, rides bikes also and knows good rides to take. When we were there, we needed a tire for my sons bike. Mark recommended a shop. They had a VERY good price and put it on while we had a sandwich next door.

The motel is located near restaurants, attractions, gas stations,a movie theater, and some of the most beautiful riding country you will see.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Newport, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

We take a trip every year to Cherokee NC on our motorcycles. We have done this for ten years now. All of those years we have stayed at Pageant Inn except for one and this is one of the reasons we will stay there every year we go back. We usually have no problems with our bikes but this year was different. I being the lady rider of the family have my own bike and had the misfortune of picking up a sheet rock screw in my rear tire, my husband called around to find a new tube for the tire and finally found someone who could replace it the next day for us. Mark and Glenna were wonderful, they brought things to set the bike on and offered to take us where we needed to go and even offered to let us use a vehicle to take my tire to have it fixed. The maid staff was wonderful also, Bobbie's husband also offered to take us to get the tire fixed. Where else can you go 450 miles from away from home and feel this way. They made us feel like family and that means a lot when you are broke down and don't know anyone that can help you. We look for places that are clean and affordable when we stay away from home and in our opinion this is the most reasonable place to stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Royersford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

I stayed at the Pageant Inn in Cherokee while on a motorcycle tour of Maryland, WV, Kentucky, Tennessee, North Carolina and Virginia.. It was exactly what I was looking for.. It was a very comfortable and clean room, the host was great to talk to and was very helpful in pointing me to the best sights, sounds, roads and other experiences in the area.. the location was great, with all sorts of cultural experiences within walking distance, including the Native American dance show right across the street. Incredibly pleasant people all around the area, and beautiful scenery every direction you went..

I'll be back without a doubt, as I didn't plan correctly and was about 3-4 weeks premature for what I can only imagine will be a BEAUTIFUL area to be in when the leaves are changing in mid-October.

And what an incredible bargain the Pageant Inn is..

Room Tip: I'd defer to the host.. I had a front room so I could keep an eye on my motorcycle, and I was a...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

We use tripadvisor for all our vacation plans and have never been lead astray....until these reviews. I had to even double check to make sure that the hotel I stayed at was indeed the same hotel that everyone else did. When first checking in there was nobody at the counter and the desk was a smokers disgrace. Kinda nasty but we didn't have to stay there so whatever. Not sure who checked us in but he wasn't friendly. Not unfriendly but we did seem to be a slight bother to him. When we got to the room it was basically yukky. I realize there will be bugs in the Great Smokies but when there were three dead ones on the carpet when we left for the day and they were still there after the maids cleaned, I find that unacceptable. When I took a shower, I left the light off so I didn't have to see the stains and rust. Would it be that hard to caulk the tub and toilet? We used the air conditioner at night to block out our neighbors tv and the vents were covered with dust and looked like a hairy beast. We tried to get the wifi password and a hair dryer the morning after we checked in but we called the front desk several times between 8am and 9am with no answer. We always stay at cheap motels and we travel a lot but this is the first time I wanted to leave and find another hotel. I stayed here to support local business owners but I am going back to Cherokee in 10 days for a weeks stay and I will definitely not be staying here.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Charleston, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

We were looking for an inexpensive short break over Labor Day weekend, and the Pageant Inn was the cheapest independently owned motel. It was right in the center of Cherokee, within easy walking distance of the Qualla Craft Center and Ocanaluftee Islands Park. It was also a short, but steep walk into the Cherokee Indian Village and Unto these Hills.
The hotel was basic, but still came with coffee making and fridge in the room and good WiFi. The bed was comfy and the room was clean. There were also rocking chairs outside the room, a lovely place to sit and watch the action in Cherokee in the evening.
The only things lacking were a plug in the sink, and the towels that were provided were really small. I'm sure if we had asked at reception, we could have got both, but it was unimportant to us.
It was definitely a good base to explore Cherokee and the Great Smoky Mountains.
We will probably go back again next year.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

I've stayed here on multiple occasions and each time it's been great. It's a great place to stay in the mountains. Rooms are nice and clean. The hosts are great! Located near everything. It's an older facility but they keep it up nicely. Very friendly staff as well.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Madison, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

We have found our Motel from now on in the mountains. Our two stays at the Pageant Inn has been great we have met the nicest people. Mark the owner is real nice and friendly you don't find that at any of the other motels. The view is great and shopping is great.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Pageant Inn? Share your experiences!