My wife & I stayed here the least week in July. We spent 5 days in Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg and the last 2 days in Cherokee. We tried to get a room at the Casino hotel but they were booked up. Not being big gamblers we weren't so much interested in the Casino but heard the attached hotel offers great deals on rooms to attract guests. PLUS, it's the tallest building in the area and is said to offer breathtaking views of the mountains surrounding Cherokee. But again they were full, so we settled for the Holiday Inn Express across the street
The HIE cost us $71 for Thurs. night but jumped to $117 for Friday night. Its a nice looking newer hotel but for some reason there was always a funny smell in the hallways. Like that strange cooking smell you sometimes notice when you walk into someone's home for the first time. The room was nice and clean with a firm, comfortable bed, but the blanket on the bed was the worst we've ever slept under. Stiff as a board and very uncomfortable. Almost like an old canvas tarp. There was no small refrigerator in the room like we had in PF/GB but that was a minor inconvenience as there was an ice machine around the corner from our room.
There was something missing that we had never thought to ask about when booking our room. There are no balconies on any of the rooms. This might seem picky to some, but once you see the gorgeous scenery you'll understand why many of the other hotels in the area have balconies. And some are even built right over mountain streams and rivers. We wish we had picked a better location. Our room overlooked a large propane tank and the back of the restaurant next door. Except for a small number of rooms facing the highway, most rooms here have no view, unless you consider the parking lot a great view.
This is also a very noisy hotel. Since it is across the street from the Casino, which is about the only thing open after 10PM, it attracts a lot of people who come back to their rooms at very late hours. And many of these people seem to have a little trouble walking a straight line! For a place that doesn't sell alcohol, even in the Casino, we encountered more drunks in Cherokee in 2 days than we did in PF/GB in 5. Evidently people know they can't buy beer on the Reservation so they arrive with a well stocked cooler in the trunk of their car. My wife and I aren't prudes and enjoy a cold one as well as anyone else, but we also realize that when you stay at a hotel, you should be considerate of other guests when going back to your room. There were some very loud and rude people on our floor.
The free breakfast was pretty good. They offer some great cinnamon rolls as well as the usual toaster waffles, French toast, a nice selection of yogurt, fruit, juices and milk, ect. It does get a little crowded and I would suggest another or bigger toaster as quite a few guests end up standing around waiting to use the one 4 slice toaster.
They have a small but nice pool area and exercise room that seems to be kept clean throughout the day, unlike our experience in PF/GB. This isn't the worst place we've ever stayed in but overall we were disappointed in the bland view and all the noise. Again, if you're here just to gamble at the casino and don't mind a bunch of noisy drunks this might be the place for you. But if you're going to travel to one of the prettiest parts of this country to enjoy the fantastic mountain scenery and want to enjoy a good nights sleep, you might want to stay at one of the other hotels in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Let the Cherokee Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites be your center of operations when you visit the Cherokee area. Located at the entrance of Harrah's Cherokee Casino our brand new hotel is also just minutes from the Great Smoky National Park, trout fishing, whitewater rafting and Cherokee historical attractions. Our 93 room property not only offers beauty in landscaping and architectural design, it offers the latest in technology and superior customer service to make your stay a truly unique experience. Our spacious rooms are beautifully furnished and are equipped with high speed internet, state of the art telephone system with voice mail, remote control cable TV, irons, ironing boards and hair dryers. There are 16 suites and four ADA accessible rooms for those who might need expanded options. Your complimentary breakfast will be served in our beautiful two story Great Room which features a massive stone fireplace. You will enjoy working out in our well equipped fitness center overlooking our courtyard and pool area. When you visit Cherokee you don't have to gamble on comfort or convenience. At Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites great service is always a sure bet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Despegar.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Cherokee/Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Cherokee/ Hotel Cherokee
- Holiday Inn Cherokee
- Cherokee Holiday Inn Express