“Convenient Location” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Cherokee/Casino

You added Holiday Inn Express Cherokee/Casino to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Cherokee/Casino
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   376 Painttown Road, Highway 19 and Highway 441, Cherokee, NC 28719   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #12 of 28 Hotels in Cherokee
Columbia, South Carolina
“Convenient Location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The desk clerks were very nice and efficient. Our first room was not clean. Hair was in the bed and tub. My husband and I were changed to the room next door. The floor was littered with lent and hair was embedded in different places. Cleanliness is substandard at this hotel. The final straw was when a soiled towel was left on top of my suitcase upon our return from a night out. We had not left the towel in that spot, as we are very meticulous about having items in their proper places.

Room Tip: The first floor is was very noisy. I could hear every sound. The walls are obviously paper thin.
  • Stayed July 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I stayed for 4 nights for business.

My room was clean, though beginning to show signs of wear. The sink stopper was damaged and the bed was beginning to sag. There were 2 days where my bed was made up, but the sink was not cleaned. Minor, but the lack of attention to detail was disappointing. The room was quiet, with minimal hallway and neighbor noise.

There was also a very strong smell of smoke in the elevators and stairways. I was in a non-smoking room and did not smell smoke or see signs of smoking in my room. Breakfast was good and the cinnamon rolls are great!

My biggest complaint would be with the internet. If you were connecting at peak hours, you had little to no service. This was a problem in the evenings when I was trying to complete work. Even connecting with my own cable, I experienced issues with speed and connectivity. I ended up giving up most nights as I was having to log-in repeatedly because the connection kept dropping. I am sure this is related to the number of users as it was not an issue during off peak hours (early morning and mid day).

• Stayed July 2015, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cherokee/Casino, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear aashleyjc,

Thank you for posting a review about your stay with us. We are pleased to know that you found our breakfast options to be good and our rooms to be clean. However, we would like to apologize for falling short of your expectations regarding our internet connection and bathrooms. We also regret the issues you had with our beds. Reviews like yours enable us to target areas we need to improve on to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. In addition, your feedback has been forwarded to our management for evaluation.

Again, our apologies for the inconvenience and we hope to have another opportunity to provide you a much better experience.

Joel A
Case Manager
IHGCare
Aberdeen, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The night before we came to your hotel we thought it would be a good idea to go camping, we had never been camping in June and quickly realized why at 1030 at night because we could not sleep. So we headed to your hotel. We drove all night. When we got to your property at 10am we were not turned away or even giving a weird look (because we were so early) your staff was so happy to please us. We got checked in went to the room and it was so nice! A little later we went to the pool and had a great relaxing day. Our whole 3 days of staying there the staff was extra friendly to me and my family. I really took a liking to Amanda (I think that's her name she works 3 to 11 shift) she had lots of pep and pride in her job. Another staff member we met was Sunny. That man needs some time off! I believe he was there from the morning to the night but always smiled and waved at us as though he had always knew us. Our trip was so wonderful because of all the staff at this hotel and I just want to say THANK YOU!

Stayed June 2015, traveled with family
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

What a great surprise to be able to check into our hotel early! We arrived about 10:30 am and was greeted by hotel clerk Theresa who said they normally do not allow early check in, but since they had a room available she would give it to us! Our room was cleaned and ready and we were able to start our day of hiking into the Smoky Mountains early in the day! The hotel is located right across the street from Harrahs casino which is a great way to spend a few hours after a long day of hiking and exploring! You can walk across the street and don't need your car! Breakfast was good and coffee delicious at the hotel too! Would definitely recommend this hotel if you are planning a trip to Cherokee. Shopping is right here too!

Room Tip: We were on the second floor and it was very quiet and right near the elevator but not noisy at all
  • Stayed June 2015, traveled as a couple
Winnabow, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This hotel has some of the friendliest and most helpful staff I have ever encountered in all my travels. The hotel was excellent by measure of room cleanliness, comfort of beds, great complementary breakfast and helpfulness of all the staff.

• Stayed June 2015, traveled as a couple
Salisbury, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Love that this hotel has more room and space then the last hotel in Cherokee. The staff is nice, quick, and helpful. One thing I do not care for is the breakfast. They had powered eggs and very thin turkey sausage. But the coffee was good, and they had a self made pancake maker. Other then that, I could stay at this hotel every time.

• Stayed July 2015, traveled with family
Spartanburg, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Good location for Harrahs which is always full.
Nice front desk staff.
Pricey because location to casino , but nice.
Book early fills up.
Clean rooms .
Good parking.
Shuttle available to casino.
Would stay there again if Harrahs full.
Free continental breakfast.