We stayed one night in a king suite and a two bedded queen suite.
The hotel itself is directly across from the Harrahs Casino which is the biggest attraction in town. There is plenty of free parking.
The front desk manager, David, could not have been more accommodating. He went out of his way to help us, particularly when one of the originally assigned rooms had the strongest stench of rotting bananas (we also found old bread rolls in the cupboard next to the fridge in-spite of the room appearing to have been cleaned).
A suite means you have an extra sitting area in the room with a small 'wet bar' with a fridge in it (no freezer in fridge). It is not divided from the sleeping area. Noise levels were typical but this hotel has the downside of casino visitors arriving back late and making a lot of noise in the corridors. We were woken twice.
The rooms are clean, the beds are comfortable, the floors were clean. However the wallpaper is peeling in places (particularly the bathroom) and the tiles need re-grouting. The fridge has seen better dates as has the paintwork. David mentioned they would be renovating shortly. I hope so - the staff were great, but they can only do so much.
We got a decent rate with AAA. We were acknowledged as club members and received a room upgrade.
The pool is outdoors and therefore was closed, so we didn't get to try it. Breakfast is included and is the usual fare - bacon, egg product omelets, pancakes, cereal, and muffins. It wasn't bad and it wasn't memorable. It was a great place to stop over in but I wouldn't stay for longer than that.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Let the Cherokee Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites be your center of operations when you visit the Cherokee area. Located at the entrance of Harrah's Cherokee Casino our brand new hotel is also just minutes from the Great Smoky National Park, trout fishing, whitewater rafting and Cherokee historical attractions. Our 93 room property not only offers beauty in landscaping and architectural design, it offers the latest in technology and superior customer service to make your stay a truly unique experience. Our spacious rooms are beautifully furnished and are equipped with high speed internet, state of the art telephone system with voice mail, remote control cable TV, irons, ironing boards and hair dryers. There are 16 suites and four ADA accessible rooms for those who might need expanded options. Your complimentary breakfast will be served in our beautiful two story Great Room which features a massive stone fireplace. You will enjoy working out in our well equipped fitness center overlooking our courtyard and pool area. When you visit Cherokee you don't have to gamble on comfort or convenience. At Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites great service is always a sure bet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Tingo, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, Odigeo, Travelocity, Venere and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Cherokee/Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Cherokee/ Hotel Cherokee
- Holiday Inn Cherokee
- Cherokee Holiday Inn Express