“Not up to par!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Cherokee/Casino

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Cherokee/Casino to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Cherokee/Casino
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   376 Painttown Road, Highway 19 and Highway 441, Cherokee, NC 28719   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #15 of 27 hotels in Cherokee
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Not up to par!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Way understaffed. Housekeeping was bad! On checkin..no towels or soaps and coffee pot was nasty. Next day did get towels but did not make bed nor touch the coffe pot..old filter still there. Great location and cinnamon rolls were good but had a full house and no staff!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cherokee/Casino, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear HeidiJ433,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience our housekeeping may have caused during your stay. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are very unhappy about your experience. Rest assured, your input will be shared with our management team and rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.

Krysllin G.

170 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

My parents and I went to Cherokee and Maggie Valley for a spring vacation 3-day 2-night trip. We have stayed at Holiday Inn Express in Cherokee on several occasions. Our favorite thing this hotel offers is the hot breakfast. (I read the title of another reviewer incorrectly stating 'continental breakfast'.) The two mornings we stayed at this hotel the breakfast menu consisted of cheese omlets, bacon, hot biscuits and gravy, scrambled eggs, link sausage, and cinnamon buns (which were the best we've had in quite a while!). These were just the HOT items! They also offer hard boiled eggs, cereal, muffins, and assorted fruit. Of course they also offer coffee, juice, and milk.
Now to explain why I'm rating this hotel as 'average'. I made our reservation on-line and I printed out the confirmation to take with us. After we arrived at the hotel, my parents walked inside ahead of me as I had to get the confirmation out of a bag. When I walked up to the front desk, my parents were patiently waiting as the only front desk clerk on duty was on the phone. This was around 3pm, which is check-in time. When the young lady hung up the phone, I stated we would like to check in. The young lady looked at my parents and said something about they were before me. My parents told her we were all together. Then I told the front desk clerk I had made our reservation on-line and I had the confirmation paperwork, which I tried to hand to her but she wouldn't even look at it. She asked for my name to search their computer system for my reservation. All she had to do was look at the confirmation I tried to hand to her! When she asked if I wanted to pay for our 2 nights' stay with the credit card I made the reservation with, I explained my father would pay cash as he has a A.A.R.P. membership, which Holiday Inn Express honors for discounts. After my father paid cash for our room, we walked out to my car to get our luggage. My father asked if I got a receipt, which I did not. He asked this because when we stayed here 2 years ago, my father paid cash at that time and I had also reserved our room with a credit card. This hotel charged my credit card for 2 nights' stay even though my father had paid cash for our room! Even though I had already thrown away the receipt, a hotel manager took care of this problem as it was an error another front desk clerk made in their computer system. So, always get a receipt and hold on to it until you get your next credit card statement! Lesson learned!
When I walked back inside to the front desk to ask the young lady for a receipt, she told me it would be slid under our door on the day we check out. The receipt never arrived on the morning we were to leave. I had to go back to the front desk and ask for a receipt again. While I was waiting in line, the hotel's Chief Engineer was standing at the front desk. He asked if I was checking out and I explained I needed to get my receipt. I told the nice guy we had a few ants in our room. He grabbed a pen and paper and wrote our room number down. The same young lady (front desk clerk) was working and she announced, "Spring is coming!" She should have said, "I'm sorry to hear that" when I stated we had ants in our room. When I asked the front desk clerk about my receipt, would you belive she asked, "Didn't you get a receipt when you paid for your room?" Just in case the hotel manager at Holiday Inn Express Cherokee/Casino is reading this, her cashier number is 104. She REALLY needs to work on her customer service skills!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cherokee/Casino, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear MICHAEL D,

Thank you for the detailed review of our hotel. I am pleased to know that the breakfast served during your visit was at par with your standards. However, I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced upon check in with our reception staff. Your comments will be relayed to them so that they can improve on their services.

Regards,

Pam G.
North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

This hotel is just across from Harrahs Casino parking lot. You can actually walk across, however we drove, as we arrived after dark. The hotel was clean, and we enjoyed the free breakfast. The desk clerk wasn't overly friendly but efficient. There was the usual taxes as well as a "tribal fee" of around $7.00 added to our bill. The parking lot was full so we did have to park in the back of the hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thomasville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

It is a great hotel.Just a short walk from the casino.The staff and management was friendly.The room a good sized room,very clean,bed was comfy,had a flat screen tv.If u come 2 cherokee give this hotel a try,u will enjoy this hotel!!!!

Room Tip: 1 king bed leisure
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Pilot Mountain, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

We stayed at this hotel because Harrah's was booked. This motel is very close so we were able to walk o the casino. The rooms were clean, the beds were comfy, the staff was friendly, and the continental breakfast was great! We will stay here again when we visit Cherojee again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Hickory, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I had the pleasure of spending the weekend with my wife and neighbors at the Holiday Inn Express in Cherokee, NC. Very clean and up to date hotel. Breat free hot breakfast each morning. Convenient to Harrah's casino. About a 2 minute walk seriously. We enjoyed all of our experiences and had a great time. Adam the GM was also most gracious.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

We arrived on a Thursday afternoon in February. The front desk workers were nice, but nothing too special. We got to our room (King Bed Executive Suite) on the second floor. The room was a nice size. I found a long hair on one of the night stand lamps. Also, when I walked into the bathroom there were strands of hair on the floor. When it was time to go to sleep. The bed was comfortable. If you like your room dark at night, you may not like that there was light coming from above, under, and the side of the door. It didn't bother me too much since I was worn out from the day's events. Also, there was light coming through the drapes. We stayed again the next night (Friday). Our final morning I woke up at 7:00 with foot steps and noise of doors shutting. As we walked down the hall to check out, we could hear different conversations going on after we passed the different rooms. (About the casino: it was raining while we were in Cherokee so we drove. Parking is free for the casino)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cherokee/Casino, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear KP333,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review your recent stay. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to improve and continually provide the best experience possible.

I am sorry to hear about your experience at our property. I hope you can believe me when I say that your experience is not the norm for our property. Please allow me to apologize for the inconvenience and the negative impressions you may have had.

We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Dhan M
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Express Cherokee/Casino? Share your experiences!