“Three- Stars.. nothing special” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Cherokee/Casino

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Cherokee/Casino to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Cherokee/Casino
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   376 Painttown Road, Highway 19 and Highway 441, Cherokee, NC 28719   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #16 of 27 hotels in Cherokee
Atlanta, Georgia
“Three- Stars.. nothing special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

We arrived on a Thursday afternoon in February. The front desk workers were nice, but nothing too special. We got to our room (King Bed Executive Suite) on the second floor. The room was a nice size. I found a long hair on one of the night stand lamps. Also, when I walked into the bathroom there were strands of hair on the floor. When it was time to go to sleep. The bed was comfortable. If you like your room dark at night, you may not like that there was light coming from above, under, and the side of the door. It didn't bother me too much since I was worn out from the day's events. Also, there was light coming through the drapes. We stayed again the next night (Friday). Our final morning I woke up at 7:00 with foot steps and noise of doors shutting. As we walked down the hall to check out, we could hear different conversations going on after we passed the different rooms. (About the casino: it was raining while we were in Cherokee so we drove. Parking is free for the casino)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cherokee/Casino, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear KP333,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review your recent stay. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to improve and continually provide the best experience possible.

I am sorry to hear about your experience at our property. I hope you can believe me when I say that your experience is not the norm for our property. Please allow me to apologize for the inconvenience and the negative impressions you may have had.

We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Dhan M

153 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Gainesville, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Fast check-in, great location, clean rooms and the beds were great! I have to say the breakfast was one of the best for a hotel - the eggs were really wonderful! There was plenty of room to eat with the staff keeping things clean and stocked. Love this place!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

This Holiday Inn is located across from Harrah's in Cherokee.
- 4.0 Stars
- Front Desk Friendly with Fast, Accurate Check-In
- Accurate Check In
- 3 Floors
- Outdoor Pool (closed in winter)
- Rooms clean and stocked
- Comfortable Bedding
- Plenty of HD stations including 4 HBO channels
- Free Web - Good Speed both wired and wireless
- 5 minute walk to Casino - use traffic light crossing for safety
- Casino was large, very clean and nearly empty during my visit
- No issues to report

I stayed at the hotel during the off season so it was quiet with limited guests so I cannot report on the thin walls others are reporting. It was quiet during my stay.

Safe Travels!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Woodstock, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Overall the hotel was clean enough! We arrived pretty late in the evening and there was someone to greet us at the desk. However when we came out of the room to go to the casino there were a couple of guys who obviously werent staying there just roaming the halls. This kind of worried my wife but I was with her at all times.

Room- Was clean. Bed was comfortable compare to other hotels that we stayed in.

Breakfast- need to be upgaded. I couldnt even eat it and decided after one bite I would not try any longer.

We would probably stay again because there is not allot to choose from close to the casino but hope they make some upgades

I did a vlog on the trip from the hotel if you would like to check it out at:

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear csgsu,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding the rooms.

However, We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding breakfast experience. We will address this point. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I was looking for a hotel very close to Harrah's casino and in this respect the Holiday Inn Express fit the bill. It is only a five minute walk to the casino BUT you head out of the hotel, pass an empty overgrown lot and then have to cross the road. There is a crosswalk but believe me DO NOT count on any cars stopping to let you across. Playing chicken in the daytime was not too bad but I did not enjoy it once the sun went down. Even though the casino is right across the road, the road itself is not too well lit and at a couple of spots there is no sidewalk so I thought it was a little dodgy at night. I would not take the trek across to the casino on my own in the dark.
Now onto the hotel. Well, you get what you pay for. I booked online and got the online discount so two nights was $262 which includes breakfast. As other people had mentioned the walls are extremely thin. You could hear absolutely everything that was going on in the rooms on either side. The TV's, music, normal conversation was all heard. Both nights I was there I was woken by the TV's and conversations in adjoining rooms - I am just really grateful that that was all I heard if you get my drift.
The room was small but fairly clean although there was some rather nasty looking stain on the bedskirt - I should have mentioned it to the front desk - my bad. No room safe - I would have really liked that to keep all my winnings in - oh wait - I didn't have any - still would have really liked the safe.
The beds were comfortable and I would have slept fine in them if not for the noise around me.
Breakfast was so-so - there were a lot of folks in there and they seemed to run out of a lot of items quickly and it took a while to refill the trays. Basic breakfast.
All in all I have to say that the hotel suited my purpose which was to stay near the casino. Having stayed at the casino hotel (which is in a different class altogether) I would most definitely pick that as my first option.
In conclusion - basic hotel, fair price, no frills, close to casino............

Room Tip: As there is no room safe I would ask for room on second floor. Being on the ground floor I was a lit...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cherokee/Casino, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear TheWebSlayer,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. I am glad that you found the bed comfortable. On the other hand, I am sorry that you encountered some issues during your stay. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Karen G
Radford, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Recently spent a night at this Holid.ay Inn Express. Very helpful and nice staff. Clean rooms and good breakfast bar. Across from Casino, but several block walk. This whole place was very clean and well kept...and comfortable bed and chairs made relaxing easy. TV had 4 HBO channels. Cost for the night was over $125.00 posted on door was $169.00 in case of abuse by guest, I have always supposed. But, it was a holiday weekend and the hotel was booked solid and we could hear the folks above and on either side of us...thin walls I am supposing...we would stay there again...its a nice hotel...and we actually got a good night's sleep...woke up once with the stomping noise from room above...on each side only made noise during the daytime.

Room Tip: Stay on the second floor...if possible...no noise coming from above.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Knoxville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

I don't know how anyone ever stays at Harrahs because its ALWAYS booked! Anyway, a friend recommended this place since its right across street from Harrahs entrance. It was very clean with a friendly staff. Not a luxury hotel or anything, rooms kind of small, but perfectly fine for what we needed. Only complaint was walls are thin, could hear television next door. Free breakfast and coffee was a nice bonus. I read smoke complaints on here but I never smelled anything.

• Stayed August 2012

Been to Holiday Inn Express Cherokee/Casino? Share your experiences!