I was looking for a hotel very close to Harrah's casino and in this respect the Holiday Inn Express fit the bill. It is only a five minute walk to the casino BUT you head out of the hotel, pass an empty overgrown lot and then have to cross the road. There is a crosswalk but believe me DO NOT count on any cars stopping to let you across. Playing chicken in the daytime was not too bad but I did not enjoy it once the sun went down. Even though the casino is right across the road, the road itself is not too well lit and at a couple of spots there is no sidewalk so I thought it was a little dodgy at night. I would not take the trek across to the casino on my own in the dark.
Now onto the hotel. Well, you get what you pay for. I booked online and got the online discount so two nights was $262 which includes breakfast. As other people had mentioned the walls are extremely thin. You could hear absolutely everything that was going on in the rooms on either side. The TV's, music, normal conversation was all heard. Both nights I was there I was woken by the TV's and conversations in adjoining rooms - I am just really grateful that that was all I heard if you get my drift.
The room was small but fairly clean although there was some rather nasty looking stain on the bedskirt - I should have mentioned it to the front desk - my bad. No room safe - I would have really liked that to keep all my winnings in - oh wait - I didn't have any - still would have really liked the safe.
The beds were comfortable and I would have slept fine in them if not for the noise around me.
Breakfast was so-so - there were a lot of folks in there and they seemed to run out of a lot of items quickly and it took a while to refill the trays. Basic breakfast.
All in all I have to say that the hotel suited my purpose which was to stay near the casino. Having stayed at the casino hotel (which is in a different class altogether) I would most definitely pick that as my first option.
In conclusion - basic hotel, fair price, no frills, close to casino............
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Let the Cherokee Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites be your center of operations when you visit the Cherokee area. Located at the entrance of Harrah's Cherokee Casino our brand new hotel is also just minutes from the Great Smoky National Park, trout fishing, whitewater rafting and Cherokee historical attractions. Our 93 room property not only offers beauty in landscaping and architectural design, it offers the latest in technology and superior customer service to make your stay a truly unique experience. Our spacious rooms are beautifully furnished and are equipped with high speed internet, state of the art telephone system with voice mail, remote control cable TV, irons, ironing boards and hair dryers. There are 16 suites and four ADA accessible rooms for those who might need expanded options. Your complimentary breakfast will be served in our beautiful two story Great Room which features a massive stone fireplace. You will enjoy working out in our well equipped fitness center overlooking our courtyard and pool area. When you visit Cherokee you don't have to gamble on comfort or convenience. At Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites great service is always a sure bet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Cherokee/Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Cherokee/ Hotel Cherokee
- Holiday Inn Cherokee
- Cherokee Holiday Inn Express