“Average Stay” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 27 Hotels in Cherokee
Atlanta, Georgia
“Average Stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Hotel needs renovating. The rooms smell old. Still have tube television and reception of picture was terrible on some stations. Go during peak season when there is more to see and do other than going to the casino. Restaurants close early. But, there is a mini fridge in the room if you want to go to a local store for snacks.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Chattanooga, TN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

I hate to give them such a bad review because I really liked the room. It was clean, the mattress was nice and firm, the TV was Hi-Def and had good cable service, the bathroom fixtures were in very good shape (one of my pet peeves), and my 6'+ husband liked the high shower head and bowed shower curtain. My problem was that my reservation got screwed up and they were not interested in helping at all. Yes I know I made the reservation through a third party, but they wouldn't even look at the confirmation I had. I saw their copy and none of the information matched what I was given. If they had just looked at my copy and admitted that there was a computer screw up I would have been mollified at least. But they knew it was well past the cancellation deadline, the entire town was booked, and there wasn't anything I could do about it at the time. They just wanted me out of the lobby.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

Room was very clean and pleasant and location, though beside a busy street, was very quiet. Room rate was good relative to competition. Pet friendly was a must for us. Be aware that your pet must be no more than 25 pounds (not a problem for us).

We were very pleased to learn that the hotel is "native American owned".

No breakfast is included in rate, but attached restaurant serves very good and reasonably priced breakfasts.

Grounds are nicely landscaped and maintained.

All in all, I recommend this hotel.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
De Pere, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

My husband and I were on a bike trip with friends of ours from WI and this was our second stop of the trip and we ended up going through the Smoky Mountains at night on bikes and were literally frazzled when we got there at 10:30 pm. The clerk there was super nice and he genuinely felt bad that we had to go through there. Real nice guy. Rooms were nice and clean. They have a little bit of age to them, so not top of the line, but for the money...nice. Everything was clean including the bathroom. They let us leave our trailer under the canopy out front during the day when we were gone on bikes and watched it for us. Hotel was pretty empty, so we had the pool to ourselves and we enjoyed ourselves so much and really enjoyed relaxing there, we decided to stay another night. We all have said that was the favorite part of our entire trip...staying here! Restaurant is nice also. Food good. And close to a lot of stores and places to eat and beautiful mountains right there!!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

My husband and I were going on a last minute July 4th trip with our 2 small dogs to rent a boat on Fontana Lake. We decided to go the night before to spend the night, as it is about a 3 hour drive. We wanted to stay in Cherokee and hit up the casino. We looked on trip advisor to see what hotels were pet friendly. We decided to stay here. My husband called to make a reservation and the lady at the front desk said they had plenty of rooms and to just come on. He got off the phone and I made him call back since were driving 3 hrs to get there. He called back and she still would not take down our information. She said we would have no problem. We arrived at the hotel at around 10:10 pm. The place was dark and the front door was locked. We were looking around for another entrance when a lady came around the corner to inform us they has just locked up. Seriously? What hotel closes at 10:00 pm period, let alone the night before the the fourth of July? No wonder the girl wouldn't take our information for a reservation. She could have at least warned us they closed before we traveled 3 hours away to end up with no pet friendly hotel as the only other one was completely booked!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

staff at check-in had nasty attitude rude , room was okay clean , breakfast was just okay , continental self serve not really a good value at all. upon checkout really rude clerk and it was early in the morning, complained to bw corporate got an apology and gift card for future bw stay and then letter of apology from the bw in cherokee , will try them again next time we are up there.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Tega Cay, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2011

Making last minute plans to see the foliage along the Blue Ridge Highway, we found this hotel online for $99 a night with an additional $25 for each pet. A former Best Western, now owned by Magnuson Hotels, we got great value for our money. The rooms were clean, the beds were comfortable, the heat worked great and the thick walls were great for sleeping soundly. We were in the back building--which I believe is reserved for people with pets--and the internet was painfully slow; however, I knew this going in after reading reviews here, so wasn't too troubled by this. We were not traveling for business, so made due with the fast connection in the lobby, and the PC with printer for guest use. Myrtle's Table restaurant was clean and comfortable. The servers were friendly and accommodating, the food was tasty and reasonably priced, though the portion sizes on the side items were small. I would stay here again when spending leisure time in the area.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Been to Magnuson Hotel Great Smokies Inn? Share your experiences!