Booked the stay on Expedia. Many problems and the hotel staff would not take ownership of the situation. They just started yelling at myself and wife and complaining that the problems were not their fault.
1. Myrtle's Table Restaurant: very long wait with no customers. Wait staff apparently not trained. They walked around a lot, but were not assigned tables. Kitchen staff slow. We were given our breakfast beverage 30 minutes after arriving. 45 minutes after arriving and still no food. Waitress started yelling at my wife that it was not her fault that the service was slow because it got busy. We pointed out that we arrived when there were only a few tables occupied. Seriously understaffed: 2 servers for 15 tables. Many people left (I counted 6 tables) after waiting 15 minutes with no service.
We gave up and went to a local pancake diner and got excellent service.
2. Room not cleaned during stay: towels on floor refolded and hung up and bed made up.
3. Main light switch not working.
4. Door to room was left open by housekeeping staff while we were out for a few hours. Still checking our personal inventory to see if anything was taken. Front desk staff checked door lock with an electronic device and figured it was the housekeeping staff that forgot to close and lock the room door.
5. Signs on the ice machines say "Ice buckets only. No coolers. No exceptions". Very unfriendly atmosphere all over the place.
We were promissed compensation by the front desk manager "Amy". The next morning we checked out and "Jamie" (front desk clerk) started yelling at us and said that only Expedia could give us any compensation. After 5 minutes of not getting through, we decided to leave. As we were leaving, another guest had similar complaints and said that he did not appreciate the way we were being treated by the hotel staff.
Bottom line: hotel staff was very unfriendly, uncooperative, and no apparent customer service skills. They treat paying guests as worthless civilians. There was no attempt at trying to settle with us or make us want to come back.
Next time: anything but this dump (can't call it a hotel).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the heart of the Cherokee Indian Reservation the Magnuson Great Smokies Inn is less than half mile drive to the entrance Great Smoky Mountains National Park and the Blue Ridge Parkway,also less than 3 miles from Harrah's Cherokee Casino and many other attractions. Guests can also enjoy white water rafting and tubing in the area. Guests will enjoy free wireless internet, a outdoor pool, business center and pets are welcome with additional charges and restrictions. Spacious rooms with a choice of one king bed or two queen beds, in-room hairdryer, free local calls, iron and board and microwave and mini-fridges in select rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Orbitz, Booking.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Magnuson Hotel Great Smokies Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.