“Don't Stay here” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 27 hotels in Cherokee
Powder Springs, Georgia
“Don't Stay here”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I stayed a few weeks ago.

Unprofessional staff, never at front desk, playing on elevators "setting off emergency alarm, laughing when I asked "Is it (the elevator) safe to use?" Hotel staff frolicking, after each other in the lobby. This hotel has NO ONE at the front desk at night. You are ON YOUR OWN! Locked out? Fire? upstairs overflowing? oh wait, go to the front desk and call the cell phone listed on the sheet of paper. Remote control stopped working, used toiletries, and NO complimentary breakfast (false advertising). You have to leave building to go to the pool which is housed in another building! Don't bother 'cause it is locked. Staff left in the evening and return right before check out time.

You are on your own, if it doesn't work, is broken or goes bad. You are on your own. You have to search for hotel staff to check in. Even though all the amenities are not offered you are not told anything when you check in.

I would not be surprised if they closed down and moved out in the middle of the night and took your prepaid $$$ with them.

Room Tip: This hotel was not forthcoming with information. You have to know what to ask, to find out...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

71 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Arabic first
Covington, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

I booked a room through to stay March 2 and was told it was a 2 king bed suite. Arrived and waited 30 minutes at the front desk to be checked in. Got to the room and it was 1 bed and not even a bathtub just a small shower and toilet in a closet. TV was a 19 inch old school box type that had scratchy sound so we could not even watch TV. I went back to the front desk and they said if we didnt like it to complain to Travelocity. At that point it was too late to book a room somewhere else. They were very rude. We could not wait to get out of there the next morning and will never stay there again. I paid $109.81 for one night and expected a much nicer room. When I got my receipt from the front desk it said $82.05. What happened to the rest of my money? Point is we were give the old bait and switch on the room and they were very rude at the front desk about it. Shame on you Smoky Mtns Inns and Suites. You have lost a regular visitor to that area.

Room Tip: Do not stay here unless substandard room and rude service are to your liking!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Denham Springs, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Wow!! I think this is one of the cleanest hotel rooms ever. Great service...even has a washer and dryer for guests. Great price also! The breakfast wasn't all that great, but the clean room made up for that. I will stay here again when we are in Cherokee. It is close to everything but not right in the middle of all the busy shops, etc.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Denham Springs, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

My family and I stayed a week in Wears Valley, TN. Due to circumstances we felt as if our vacation wasn't over so we decided to stay a few nights in Cherokee! We traveled for seven hours, and called so many cabin rental offices and other hotels.. and then we stumbled upon this one! It's very nice from the outside. It has an indoor/heated pool and jacuzzi that is amazing and definitely a must in the winter! We swam outside at night while it was snowing, and I like that the pool closes at 11pm! The staff is really friendly and helpful! We first arrived to a room and the air didn't work at all. My dad and I have asthma so we definitely needed a room with air! They switched us to another room and it was fine! The rooms are SPOTLESS! Very clean. The housekeepers do a FANTASTIC job! I didn't see anything unclean in this hotel. The things I disliked about this hotel is the fact that the 3rd floor is an all smoking floor..so if someone gets in the elevator from the 3rd floor...it smells like smoke! I'm not against it or anything..but then you smell like smoke afterwards as well. Another thing is the fact that the breakfast is HORRIBLE. Stale donuts, cereal, and muffins. I know, you get what you pay for! Another thing I disliked was the circular wall in the hotel room..I almost fell through it. I went to lean on the wall and almost fell through the wall! I find that kind of funny! The only thing I would actually change though is the doors. You can go outside the side doors to the pool, but you have to come back in through the lobby. They need a new system on that! Other than that..we loved our stay! It's a very nice hotel.. and it's right in between main attractions of Bryson City & Cherokee!!!! Thank you Smoky Mountain Inn & Suites for the stay!!!

Room Tip: If you do not smoke, try to get a room as close to ground floor as possible! Also, if you swim.. kee...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

I called ahead and made reservations for a jacuzzi suite with smoking. When we arrived to check in, we were informed our room was NOT available. My husband asked why and she said there was an issue with the room but could put us in a jacuzzi suite that was a non smoking room so we took the room. So we get to our room and no jacuzzi, oh it was a bath tub located in the bathroom with a shower anyways that was the jacuzzi. They advertise a heated swimming pool but was informed it was closed because it cost to much to heat. We will not be coming back to this crummy hotel. Oh and breakfast, u might just as well forget that to.

• Stayed January 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

My family and I had to make last-minute plans to stay at Smoky Mountain Inn and Suites over Thanksgiving weekend. Given that it was one of the few hotels with vacancy and it was almost half the price of hotels we considered, we felt a sense of dread in making our reservation. To our suprise, though, the rooms were comfortable, the shower great, the room very clean, and the staff helpful. If we never tried the continental breakfast, we would have given this hotel excellent reviews. The dining area presentation was quite poor and the food/drink selections anemic. Overall, however, we did (and would) stay at this hotel again. We can find breakfast elsewhere, if need be.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Hiram, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Our trip was fantastic. We stopped in Helen, GA and stayed then went onto Cherokee, NC. We paid 3 times more for the hotel in Helen and there was no difference. The hotel was very clean and the desk clerks were exceptional. The only thing I would change would be to put a fridge in the room. Friendliness and cleanliness is most important. (half a mile from Casino) We went for the fall colors and the Casino, the hotel is for sleep and resting so I am very satisfied. (Hint) I got a great deal cause I went directly to their website.

Room Tip: You will get a jacuzzi with a king room. Double rooms do not have a bathtub or fridge.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Smoky Mountain Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!