“Great price on an older hotel with a wonderful covered pool/spa area and great staff.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Smoky Mountain Inn & Suites

Save Saved
You added Smoky Mountain Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Smoky Mountain Inn & Suites
344 Seven Clans Lane, Cherokee, NC 28719   |
Ranked #21 of 27 hotels in Cherokee
Southern CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012 via mobile

Best price in town for a cool older hotel with character. Carpet had some worn spots but room was clean and spacious. Covered pool and spa area very nice. Staff very accomodating. I was able to secure a room with nothing but my name while driving up from Florida. Close to everything but no traffic noise. Excellent deal. I will definitely go back.

• Stayed July 2012

72 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Arabic first
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Located in the middle of nowhere. Location not available by GPS. Save your reservations and get the coupon from the local tourist coupon book. Rooms are smaller than average. Do not reserve room through any website or you'll pay too much. Cost vs comparable hotels is very poor If you want to be close to the action in Cherokee, then this is not your hotel.

Room Tip: Do not rent suites do to their size and value for the money. Stay with the standard room.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis, MN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

The rooms were clean and comfortable and the person at the front desk was friendly. Continental breakfast was limited but I wasn't expecting much for the price I paid. Wireless internet worked well. Very quick and easy access to SMNP. This is a nice, quiet place to stay if you're visiting the park and are hoping to escape the circus that is Gatlinburg.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

I was recently stayed at this hotel in Cherokee. We arrived really late but the front desk guy Zac was very helpful and informative at check in. He told us where the pool was, where to park and even good places to eat in the area ( all questions I would have asked but he beat me to it). When we parked and got into our room it was very clean, cool and quiet. The showers were a bit small but that is not a deal breaker for us. The continental breakfast was minimal but it had all of the basics to get your day started. We usually stay at the Microtel Inn which is one of the Highest rated hotels in the area, but I think from now on we will stay at the Smoky Mountain Inn and Suites. Their prices are very competetive and staff very friendly, we will be back!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Fredericksburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for the Memorial Day weekend and had a great stay. Room was clean and plenty of space. Great shower. TV was small but we didn't stay in the room except to sleep. So much to do. Great front desk staff. They made great meal suggestions. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012
Raleigh, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

I love hot tubs. I love to sit and relax in them. But the hot tub at this hotel was awful. I got into the hottub and within minutes I started to develop a serious rash. It itched and burned so severely that I had to leave the hot tub and dry off. I tried several more times to sit in the hot tub but the same burning and itching occurred every time. Other people were in the hot tub with me and they started to experience the same thing. One of them said something about her jewelry and fingernails turning green and I noticed that my nails and toenails were all green. I went to the front desk to talk to the GM first thing in the morning to get the levels on the hottub. He was very hateful, rude and defensive. He handed me a sheet about why my jewelry would turn green in a hottub, but I did not complain about jewelry, just my fingernails. He told me that the levels in the hottub were fine and that I was the problem. He DID NOT assume any responsibility! The hotel advertised new renovations, but the conditions of the rooms were scary!! The wallpaper had tears, the doors would not close all the way, and one of the mattresses had a HUGE BROWN STAIN on it. It was nasty! I would advise that guests pay more money and stay somewhere else!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Glen Carbon, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012 via mobile

Now, regular Adaptive Traveler readers know it is always my goal to put together a plan of action to get the best experience possible with the least money and effort. I apologize in advance if I fail you on this review.

I was very excited to find this hotel which claimed to be newly remodeled and advertised a special of $46 per room. Although the website wasn't set up in a customer friendly way I was able to find some very enticing photos of their solarium with indoor pool and jacuzzi. I decided to make the reservation which I found a few dollars less on another website.

My family and I arrived to a very clean parking lot with cute little flowers and the solarium standing tall in the back. The lobby was also clean and the breakfast area looked large. I really thought I scores this time and found a gem for Adaptive Travelers.

I got my key card to 101. We walked into the back door closest to our room and immediately noticed the hall smelled like unbelievable body odor and stale cigarette smoke. We did notice a couple of guys across the hall from our room smoking with their door open. I thought maybe the hotel should consider putting smoking rooms away from non-smoking but that wasn't an issue worth stressing. We went into our double room and, although it wasn't updated in any way I had prepared for that by bringing blankets and pillows from home. A must for any car vacation. My son jumped up on the bed by the window and we immediately noticed vomit all down the bed by the middle night stand. It had concentrated on the box springs and frame. We ran out of that room.
I calmly walked to front desk when another man walkes in through the front door. The front desk clerk asked me what I needed first and when I told him about the vomit he said the room had just been cleaned and I was mistaken. I assured him I was not and he then asked the other man what he needed. The man said he needed directions because he was meeting friends but was lost. The cowboy front desk worker then spent the next 20 minutes giving directions to the man to another hotel. I was a paying customer! He finally gave me another room. 111 was vomit free and in better condition. Better for adapting.
My kids were interested in getting to the pool ASAP so we went straight for it. Well, Adaptive Travelers, the story doesn't get much better. The bottom of the pool was covered with paper clips and litter and tge top had many spiders floating on top. The jacuzzi wasn't even warm and it doesn't bubble. It wasn't broken. That's how they have it set up said the western wear front desk clerk.
So, how did we adapt???? We left until we were ready to collapse from exhaustion and could just sleep until time to go. We woke up the next morning. Here is the goos news. . . They have tremendous water pressure! So hard it almost stings!

We went to their breakfast which was bagels, bread to toast, 3 off brand cereals and a roll in a wrapper. I stuck a bagel in the toaster, turned around to look for peanut butter and when I was going to check on toast fruit flies had covered the white toaster. I grabbed my son by the arm, grabbed our bags and got the heck out of there. All I can say is I tried. I tried to find the positive. I tried to find the loopholes and extras that could make this a great opportunity for you. I failed. However, if you have an RV and are looking for a clean parking lot, this is a great choice in Cherokee, NC!

• Stayed May 2012

Been to Smoky Mountain Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!