“I WOULD STAY HERE AGAIN” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Drama Inn

Drama Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cherokee
Drama Inn
You added Drama Inn to your Saves list
462 Tsali Boulevard, US 441 North, Cherokee, NC 28719   |
Ranked #25 of 27 Hotels in Cherokee
lincoln,alabama
“I WOULD STAY HERE AGAIN”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2011

My sister and myself stayed at the drama inn and we will go back again,from the guy who checked us in to the lady that runs the inn everone was great.This is an older inn but it is on the water and the staff is great and that goes a long way with me.If you are in the cherokees give them a try,i think you will find that you will like it better than the rest.

• Stayed June 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Gainesville, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2011

I was nervous about staying here after reading the reviews but was optimistic. We were part of a group and I was pleasantly surprised. True some rooms are not updated but the new management is working on that one room at a time. The management and staff were friendly and helpful and glad to have us there. Will stay again next time I'm in Cherokee.

Room Tip: ask for a river view
  • Stayed July 2010
Greenville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2010

I just could not believe some of the things I read in the last review I read about this place. It had me kind of nervous at first but let me tell you...when I got there I was nothing but mezmerized. We have rooms overlooking the river which was very peaceful. We could sit there in the rocking chairs and watch the other people fish and some just play in the water and having a good time. The surrounding of nature was just so beautiful. The staff was so nice and the rooms were so clean and if we asked for anything we got it right away. The service was just great. Everything was either in walking distance or either just a short drive away. It was so great. There was so much to do. I saw so much and did so many things til I was exhausted each evening and all I wanted to do was sit in those chairs and just watch the river flow and others have fun. I know I about drove the german lady in the office crazy because I kept going in there asking so many questions but she always greeted me with a smile and was always eagerly ready to help me with anything I or any of the ones with me needed. I wish I could say the same about all motels. People just are not that friendly anymore. This is a place I will definately be going back to again and I hope the same people are still there when I do go again. They made my trip so pleasureable. All it takes is one bad apple to spoil a good thing for the whole bunch but I must say...please try this place before you judge it one harsh review. I know I am so glad I did because I would have hated to know I would have missed out on all of the pleasures that I enjoyed during my stay there. Thank you so much to the staff and management at the Drama Inn for making us feel so at home. We will be coming to see you again for sure.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
Duncan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2010

Below is what I wrote to the owners...in a letter! Please DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL.

Owners:
Our stay at your motel was awful. The room was very dirty, the floor was greasy and the shower had hait in it. I was afraid to step on the carpet without shoes. The TV remote did not work

Our reservation was for $65 for 4 nights. When I came in you told me $79 a night which is price jumping. The you tell me that I have to pay for the entire 4 nights up front, when it should have been for 2 nights because of the 48 hour cancellation time.

We left after 3 nights it was so aweful. So hope you enjoy your rip-off $79 free dollars and your extra rip-off $40 for price jumping $10 A NIGHT.

You and your motel are a rip off and you should close up and go out of business.

Signed,

Never Again.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
dramainncherokee, Manager at Drama Inn, responded to this review, June 7, 2011
The Drama Inn is under new management !! We would like to sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that you may have experienced in the past and we will strive to make every stay a pleasant one. We have began rennovation on the office and rooms as well. We understand that since we are all different that it is impossible to satisfy everyone, but we can still try.
Thanks,
Drama Inn Cherokee NC
Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2009

My husband and I took our daughter, who is two, to stay in Cherokee for 3 nights. The first night it was just the three of us, and the second night our brother was meeting us there so we needed double beds.We researched hotels before we went and from the looks of the outside we thought it would be a great choice. My husband went in to the front desk to book our room, and we were going to get that night which was thursday and the next night for then just in case our brother didn't show. The "rude lady at the desk" said that " if you book for friday then you have to pay for saturday too." my husband paid for thursday came back out relaid the message to me, we called our other guest who assured us he would be there to go ahead and book for both. My husband goes back in and she price jumped from $40 to almost $200 dollars because of the bike rally across the street, and she said they would need every room for the bikers, which was basically saying we dont want you here any way. He told her that was crazy he wouldnt pay that much, and we went down the road to the country manor inn, who by the way are very kind to there customers and don't jump there prices, and we got the last room they had for the weekend.

We returned to the Drama Inn, went to check out our room and the wall had WATER DAMAGE from the roof LEAKING, the bathroom was tiny and looked DIRTY, the shower was OKAY if you were only about 5" tall since the shoiwer head only came to right below our necks, and we had to duck down to shower. When we chacked out the next morning at 9:30 a.m the "rude woman at the desk" told us we were cutting our check out time pretty close, which we still had 30 minutes. So my husband looked at her and replied " No, and I wouldnt stay here 1 minute longer then I had to in this dump you want to charge outragous prices for.

I am glad we only had to stay in there for one night, and NEVER will we stay there again, all there hotel isnothing more then a rip off.

We did pass buy there the over the next few nights and there hotel was not fully booked as the country manor inn was, but they also had the entrance blocked off.

I would reccomend that you DO NOT stay in this hotel, the Country Manor Inn is a much better selection.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
ms
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2009

Our friends stayed at the Drama Inn before, but this time the lady who runs the motel discriminated against us because we were rideing motorcycle.

Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
NC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2009

Stayed here in June of 2008 and understood it is an older motel and has issues. Was still willing to stay there this year....now, NEVER AGAIN!!! The owner was nice enough, but can grab an attitude in a heartbeat; she's not very customer service friendly. I did not make complaints because after seeing her in action, I knew it would be useless and a waste of my time. The rooms are very dark. Only one electrical outlet has 3-prong -- it's for the coffee pot and mini fridge. The bathroom door would not shut. The exterior door was flimsy. It had been broken (must have been the room that was broken into) and when checking to be sure the door was shut securely, it would give way...... There was a crack under that door that a rat could have easily gotten through. One bed was broken. The only good thing about that was it at least slanted in the right direction. When checking the room for things that may have fallen between the bed and wall, there was a lovely half-eaten, rotting, molded apple......that was no surprise as there was built up dirt surrounding the base of the bed. The woodwork around the door in the bathroom was rotting. The commode had to be babysat to be sure it flushed properly. The tiles in the bathroom were cracked on all 3 walls. There is no exhaust fan in the bathroom, and the window could not be opened -- hot shower meant steamy room! Friends staying there in a downstairs room were subjected to water flowing from the ceiling. The sink could not be used for more than a minute. It filled up with water and took forever to empty.

The good things? convenient to fairgrounds, Unto these Hills, on the river, otherwise, nothing!!!!!! It would be a good deal for $39 a night -- will be staying elsewhere from now on.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Drama Inn? Share your experiences!